Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dallas area get together - July 15th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tat2dphreak
Clay, JR and I tossed about the idea of another get together today at lunch...
chowtime.gif
who has ideas for a mostly-central locale for a dinner/beer get together?
irving area? west(of the tollway) dallas area? grapevine? plano again?

who's in?

btw, had a Great time with Clay and JR today! and thanks for the t/o fork JR!!

smilie_pokal.gif

UPDATE:

as it stands:
we will be meeting at 7:45 at Joe's Crab Shack in Grapevine... on Friday July 15th. Directions below

dakotaewing
Ah...
Thanks for the invite guys..... LOL blink.gif

I am in - just let me know when and where...
TE
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jun 29 2005, 04:14 PM)
Ah...
Thanks for the invite guys..... LOL     blink.gif

TE

were you in Plano today?! unsure.gif
DougC
Gee, we like to eat too, but got no invite biggrin.gif .. I'll probably be able to make it, no particular preference on a place though. Damn, but the car still won't make it to a get together.

Doug C
macpro
How about the Irving Mall Food Court?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (macpro @ Jun 29 2005, 04:47 PM)
How about the Irving Mall Food Court?

do they serve beer in the irving mall? what time do they close?
DougC
How about an indoor go-kart facility? I've never been but I think there's a pretty nice one off of 35 or is it CF Hawn.. don't know, it may cost too much..just a thought.

Doug C
dakotaewing
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 29 2005, 04:19 PM)
Ah...

TE

I was in Frisco this morning....
Looks like I will be up there everyday very soon...
TE
spare time toys
QUOTE (DougC @ Jun 29 2005, 05:23 PM)
How about an indoor go-kart facility?

I went past it last week and they looked to be shut down. confused24.gif

PAPPAS BBQ on NW HWY has killer burgers drooley.gif and BEER beerchug.gif Its there at the new restraunt row. burger.gif
macpro
PAPPA'S SOUNDS GOOD!

Irving mall???No Beer Damn It!
spare time toys
Before it was PAPPAS it was a cool drive in they had car shows on the weekends. Did I say IM in if we do this after the 4th beerchug.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jun 29 2005, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 29 2005, 04:19 PM)
Ah...

TE

I was in Frisco this morning....
Looks like I will be up there everyday very soon...
TE

hey last minute thing....pls forgive us pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Papa's sounds good....where on NW Hwy?

I am definetly in, because after 2 hours sweating in my garage this afternoon my "2 tranny's into 1 tranny" project is complete and I am runnin baby!!! woohoo!!!

thanks for the shift fork adjustment jig Clay!!!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jun 29 2005, 06:28 PM)

Papa's sounds good....where on NW Hwy?

Its where Loop 12 heads south off of 35 and NW runs under it. About a mile or two south of speed zone. You can ride with me or follow when it happens. we could hook up over by Waynes and caravan or all pile in the suburban.
Eddie Williams
Not that I make or break an event, but I'll be up in Garland the 14-17th so any of those days I'll be looking for dinner/things to do/etc.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Jun 29 2005, 06:38 PM)
Not that I make or break an event, but I'll be up in Garland the 14-17th so any of those days I'll be looking for dinner/things to do/etc.

hey, I'm off that friday to have a long "work on the car" weekend... how is that weekend for everyone else?

Pappa's sounds good... that's a good area to pick, tons of restraunts over there...

is that close enough for out Cowtown brethren?
jr91472
That Friday just might work...I need to check with boss first though.....

spank.gif
ClayPerrine
We can get together anytime. I am in Richardson until the end of this week, after that I am in Irving off 114 and Beltline.

As for invites for today.. I didn't organize it. Talk to Wayne.......

tat2dphreak
blame it on me, I'm big enough to take it... wink.gif
lol2.gif
I'm really sorry we left people out...
there was NO organization for today, this thread is organization...

I posted needing a t/o fork,
JR responded, said, 'let's meet for lunch, and you can have it, pick the place'...
I said 'ok, how about Luna De Noche, I'm buying'...
JR said '11:30 Wednesday',
I said 'see you there'...
JR said, 'hey, Clay's coming, he's in town',
I said 'cool!'

that's it.

there was no organization... I should have posted a thread, but then it wouldn't have been enough lead time... rolleyes.gif

Thom, send me a PM, we'll meet for Lunch anytime you like... and this time I promise to post a thread so anyone close can come on by! biggrin.gif we would have loved to have you there!

everyone check your schedules, make sure the night friday the 15th will work...
spare time toys
If I am not sent out of town on a broke A/C I'm in.
macpro
Jason and I will be present. maybe even treat our wives to a lot of 914 talk.
macpro
Have agreed on a time?
dakotaewing
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 29 2005, 09:35 PM)
blame it on me, I'm big enough to take it... wink.gif
lol2.gif
I'm really sorry we left people out...
there was NO organization for today, this thread is organization...

I posted needing a t/o fork,
JR responded, said, 'let's meet for lunch, and you can have it, pick the place'...
I said 'ok, how about Luna De Noche, I'm buying'...
JR said '11:30 Wednesday',
I said 'see you there'...
JR said, 'hey, Clay's coming, he's in town',
I said 'cool!'

that's it.

there was no organization... I should have posted a thread, but then it wouldn't have been enough lead time...  :rolleyes:

Thom, send me a PM, we'll meet for Lunch anytime you like... and this time I promise to post a thread so anyone close can come on by! biggrin.gif we would have loved to have you there!

everyone check your schedules, make sure the night  friday the 15th will work...

Wayne-
Don't sweat the invite -
One of the things about this board is if you are here long enough
someone will give you grief for nothing!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

TE
jr91472
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 29 2005, 03:33 PM)

Its where Loop 12 heads south off of 35 and NW runs under it.  

just a thought, but assuming we are talking about getting together in the late afternoon on a Friday, this location maybe difficult from a traffic/rush hour stand point. confused24.gif

but if its good for everyone else, its good for me. beer.gif

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jun 30 2005, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 29 2005, 03:33 PM)

Its where Loop 12 heads south off of 35 and NW runs under it.  

just a thought, but assuming we are talking about getting together in the late afternoon on a Friday, this location maybe difficult from a traffic/rush hour stand point. confused24.gif

but if its good for everyone else, its good for me. beer.gif

good point... that area is very busy... between people going home, going out to eat(like us) and people going to the strip bars(Lodge) over there... it may be hard to get to... I'm game if everyone else is, but it's something to consider
DougC
Location is fine with me, and I could make it just about any time. wink.gif

Doug C
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (DougC @ Jun 30 2005, 02:11 PM)
Location is fine with me, and I could make it just about any time. wink.gif

Doug C

good! I haven't seen you since you got the last parts from the white car (R.I.P)
tat2dphreak
we'll leave this thread going through the weekend... if anyone has any other ideas or can think of a better time, please post here... then we'll get head count next week, so we can make reservations... IIRC Pappas gets crowded...
dakotaewing
Wayne-
Since you are "looking for suggestions"...
What about doing another breakfast on a Saturday morning? Would we have a bigger turnout ? or maybe dinner at a mexican place ala the california contingent?

TE
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jun 30 2005, 05:50 PM)
Wayne-
Since you are "looking for suggestions"...
What about doing another breakfast on a Saturday morning? Would we have a bigger turnout ? or maybe dinner at a mexican place ala the california contingent?

TE

those both sound like good ideas too...

we know a good mexican place wink.gif

I'm open to anything... pappas, texmex, poor richards(part duex)...

I was just trying to find someplace more central to our cowtown peeps.

spare time toys
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 30 2005, 06:10 PM)

where? Blue Goose in Addison?

If traffic is a worry, there is a TGI Fridays at McAurthor and 635 over that way. And I Fratellies Italian over there has great meatball pizza. On the north side of 635 over there is a Razoos cajun place. Man this is a bad time to think about this I have hot dogs boiling and some Kraft Mac+ cheese going for dinner...OH BOY barf.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 30 2005, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 30 2005, 06:10 PM)

where? Blue Goose in Addison?

If traffic is a worry, there is a TGI Fridays at McAurthor and 635 over that way. And I Fratellies Italian over there has great meatball pizza. On the north side of 635 over there is a Razoos cajun place. Man this is a bad time to think about this I have hot dogs boiling and some Kraft Mac+ cheese going for dinner...OH BOY barf.gif

I was referring to Luna... where we ate yesterday... biggrin.gif

there's also a ton of places of 635 over by grapevine... you name the food type, they have it over there...
ClayPerrine
How about Macaroni Grill in Grapevine? Or PF Changs.. Joe's Crab Shack...

Joe's Crab Shack sounds real good. The one in Grapevine would be fairly centrally located.

jr91472
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 30 2005, 07:19 PM)
Joe's Crab Shack sounds real good. The one in Grapevine would be fairly centrally located.

agree.gif
Thoward914
Hey, can I go?
All the places you listed are close to me. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Thoward914 @ Jul 1 2005, 04:47 AM)
Hey, can I go?
All the places you listed are close to me. beerchug.gif

Only if you leave the water pumper and the tail dragger at home and bring the 914!!!

Oh, and bring Robin too. We have not seen you two in a while.

tat2dphreak
grapevine's a pretty good Idea... I think it will be less traffic than off 35... which is a mess...
4Teen6
Greetings!

I'm a new (joined today) member of this site. I've owned my 914-6 for 29 years, so it's definitely part of my family. Being in Dallas, it would be nice to hook up with some Dallas-Ft. Worth 914'ers for any outing....

Cheers,

Jack Griffin
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (4Teen6 @ Jul 3 2005, 05:40 PM)
Greetings!

I'm a new (joined today) member of this site. I've owned my 914-6 for 29 years, so it's definitely part of my family. Being in Dallas, it would be nice to hook up with some Dallas-Ft. Worth 914'ers for any outing....

Cheers,

Jack Griffin

smilie_pokal.gif

AWESOME!! great to have you here, Welcome!
ClayPerrine
Hi Jack!!!! (never say that on an airplane!!)

Welcome. We are glad you are here. Come to the DFW get together, and the MUSR over Labor Day weekend.

If you need anything, just holler!!

4Teen6
Thanks a bunch, guys! I appreciate the welcome. If it's convenient to give me a heads up on the dates or times of any 914 get-togethers I'd appreciate it.

Jack

'70 914-6 (owned since '76)
2.5L, short gears, and mucho fun!
macpro
wavey.gif Welcome Jack!

It's good to have you in the club.

One of the things about this club is that most everyone is friendly and very helpful.

Some of us are new to the 914 world and have lots to learn and discover about our favorite car. But, having someone in the club that has had a 914 in the family for the length you have...well it's traffic.

Welcome.

Post photos, please.

Greg clap.gif drooley.gif
macpro
wavey.gif Welcome Jack!

It's good to have you in the club.

One of the things about this club is that most everyone is friendly and very helpful.

Some of us are new to the 914 world and have lots to learn and discover about our favorite car. But, having someone in the club that has had a 914 in the family for the length you have...well it's traffic.

Welcome.

Post photos, please.

Greg clap.gif drooley.gif
spare time toys
Have we got a date and place for this yet?
4Teen6
Everyone, thanks for the nice welcome! I took a spirited drive in the "6" yesterday and enjoyed the drive....as well as impressing the wide-eyed and white knuckled female co-pilot with the performance attributes of the aged but nimble little rascal. Being single, it's somewhat a litmus test of a female, whether she's up to some road rocket fun or not.

Jack

'70 914-6....(4Teen6 was my personalized plate 25 yrs ago)

PS
I'd post a photo, but being a senior citizen and techno challenged that I am, I'm not sure how to do it. I can copy and paste, but that's about as far as I can go!
tat2dphreak
Have we got a date and place for this yet?

I think the Date sounds settled, or at least the weekend of the 15th or the 16th... I'll post a poll...
tat2dphreak
I think the weekend of the 15th and 16th sounded good to everyone... so majority Rules! chowtime.gif
ClayPerrine
Ok. Poll is closed!!! biggrin.gif

Joe's Crab Shack on the 16th it is!!!! laugh.gif
jr91472
I voted!!!!

Friday! Friday! Friday! smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
I voted 15th at Pappas only because I could come right after work and be there in like 5 Min. biggrin.gif
dakotaewing
I vote for some fancy pants Mexcan place in North Dallas on the evening on the 15thh!!! biggrin.gif

TE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.