biggrin.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
Had a great time and the 2pm panel that Pete put together was amazing covering history and design with our own Glenn Stazak, Rich Johnson, Jeff Zwart and more bye1.gif
Socalandy
yellowsleep[1].gif
horizontally-opposed
^ Great pics, everyone—and thank you for coming to so many of the moments over the weekend, Andy!

A few more images, courtesy of Gianni Cabiglio. Will post more as I get them...
horizontally-opposed
Photos by Gianni Cabiglio
horizontally-opposed
1971 Daytona winner (first time out west, apparently), ex-Larrousse Monte Carlo car, and 1974 914 2.0...

All photos by Gianni Cabiglio
horizontally-opposed
914SIXXation
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Sep 19 2019, 04:06 PM) *

Absolutely awesome event......really enjoying the photos and greatly appreciate everyone posting.......

Have been flat out since returning from 3 days of 914 events and just now organizing my photos. Will try to start posting some of them tonight.....

SO many great visuals and discussions to take in!

Back to you soon! GO 914!

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
SKL1
Great event Pete- have to ask: was the elderly lady in the wheelchair in the back during the panel discussion the owner of the silver 914 with the American mags (first 914 sold in LA) ???
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 18 2019, 10:17 PM) *

resizing pics now, Margie's glam shot drooley.gif

Andy .... Thanks so much for taking the time to capture this colorful shot ......I'm lovin' the wild background! Only thing missing is a "peace sign." Back in those days I would have been wearing wild colored bell bottoms.
Can't wait to blow this photo up and get it framed or put on canvas! Great way to capture a memory.....

And to Pete Stout,

I want to extend a big thank you and congratulations for putting on such an amazing unique event and for the personal attention you gave to everyone. The planning and professionalism in 000 Rare Shades was top class and greatly appreciated by all. The special display corral of unique 914s was so interesting and represented so much history. Topping the day off with such a memorable discussion with the informative panel was the icing on the cake.

A special thank you for placing our 914-6 (Adriatic Blue) in the awesome blue palate lineup. It was MAJOR eye candy looking at all of the various exciting colors!

There were so many opportunities to capture the reflections of the wildly painted walls onto the car bodies. I had a lot of fun getting shots of reflections on our car which I will share. WE didn't want this exciting day to end.

I hope more people will post and share their photos.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I'm excited to share these photos, even though I am a bit biased on my blue 914-6 (yes, it's a real one that we've owned as 2nd owners since 1977, my second 914-6 and 3rd 914......my first 914 was a 1973 914 silver.).

More comments will be coming as I post more photos.

(Then I'll be posting some photos of the gathering of 34 914s at El Segundo on Sunday, Sept. 15).

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SKL1
Nice meeting you Margie! I was in the mex blue spyder. Left the 914's at home... I need to get some NEW pillows!!!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 21 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Nice meeting you Margie! I was in the mex blue spyder. Left the 914's at home... I need to get some NEW pillows!!!

Hi, So great meeting you too!

My apologies, we met so many people that day and forgot to jot down everyones name and car to remind me. Your mexican blue spyder is so AWESOME. My neighbor from Russia has one just like it and everytime I see them driving the car, I remind them to PLEASE let me know if they ever want to sell it as we would be very interested. The color is so beautiful and I'm sure you get SO many compliments.

I also see that you have been a PCA member for 49 years and live in Scottsdale, AZ? We have been members for 46 years. Were you/are you in the Phoenix Region Porsche Club? I lived in Phoenix for 5 years, joined in 1973 and was President of the Phoenix PCA in 1976. My first cherished 914 was a 1973 914 1.7 Silver.

Looks like you have a silver 914 too. You said "914s at home". How many do you have? Colors? Lucky man!

Please PM me and we'll keep in touch! Thanks!

Margie

PS - Keep me in mind if you ever sell your Mexican Blue Spyder.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Sep 21 2019, 01:01 AM) *

Andy .... Thanks so much for taking the time to capture this colorful shot ......I'm lovin' the wild background! Only thing missing is a "peace sign." Back in those days I would have been wearing wild colored bell bottoms.
Can't wait to blow this photo up and get it framed or put on canvas! Great way to capture a memory.....

And to Pete Stout,

I want to extend a big thank you and congratulations for putting on such an amazing unique event and for the personal attention you gave to everyone. The planning and professionalism in 000 Rare Shades was top class and greatly appreciated by all. The special display corral of unique 914s was so interesting and represented so much history. Topping the day off with such a memorable discussion with the informative panel was the icing on the cake.

A special thank you for placing our 914-6 (Adriatic Blue) in the awesome blue palate lineup. It was MAJOR eye candy looking at all of the various exciting colors!

There were so many opportunities to capture the reflections of the wildly painted walls onto the car bodies. I had a lot of fun getting shots of reflections on our car which I will share. WE didn't want this exciting day to end.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I'm excited to share these photos, even though I am a bit biased on my blue 914-6 (yes, it's a real one that we've owned as 2nd owners since 1977, my second 914-6 and 3rd 914......my first 914 was a 1973 914 silver.).

(Then I'll be posting some photos of the gathering of 34 914s at El Segundo on Sunday, Sept. 15).

Margie & Paul

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The reflections of the art on the cars made for some interesting photos.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The orange to yellow shades were vibrant. Andy's car really was a gem!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Sep 21 2019, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Sep 21 2019, 01:01 AM) *

And to Pete Stout,

Margie & Paul

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The reflections of the art on the cars made for some interesting photos.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The orange to yellow shades were vibrant. Andy's car really was a gem!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Then the green shades ....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

3 more beautiful 914s in 000 Rare Shades

Click to view attachment

The beautiful race car of Mr. Kirby and Mark Hotchkis was one of many featured in the 914 special exhibit area and also displayed reflections from the brightly painted floral walls.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Billy's Coffee Truck was a great choice for food truck... it too was special to see and visit often for refreshments on a 95+ degree day....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Many enthusiasts returned in the afternoon for an amazing informative panel discussion...
Listening to the historic stories while viewing a spectacular video/slide show display of 914s through the past 50 years was a highlight to an amazing group of events organized by Pete Stout and his staff with 000. We wanted to see and hear more and didn't want it to end.

Click to view attachment

Alan Johnson and Pete Stout

Click to view attachment

Jeff Zwart

Click to view attachment

Some panel participants included Pete Stout, Glen Stazak, Hans Lapine, Alan Johnson, and Dave Finch.

The panel delighted everyone with their historical stories while a presentation of historic 914 pictures and videos were displayed in the background. Attendees were free to ask questions and add historic information.

It was a fantastic day and we want to extend a huge THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS first.gif to Pete Stout, his staff, contributors and all of the participants for making this historic event one we will always remember.

Again, we greatly appreciate that we were able to display our 914-6 and participate in the 000 Rare Shades event!

Margie & Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.