Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What wires going to positive side of battery?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surfdogskier
Hey guys,

When I got my car, it was a mess. Wires everywhere. Something is killing my battery after a couple of days. I have numerous wires going to my positive terminal. I have no idea what they are and hard to track.

What wires should be going to the positive terminal in order to her to just start and run? Just looking for a starting point.

Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
all of the small red wires need to be tightly and cleanly connected to the postitive side of the battery, they go to the relay panel in the engine compartment as well as to the fuse block and the ignition switch.

First thing that will kill a battery is aftermarket devices attached to the car like radios and amplifiers. Next you can look at a bad diode in the alternator. Putting a test light between the positive terminal and battery post, noting that it is glowing brightly and then pulling the voltage regulator and or one fuse at a time will narrow down the drain when you see the test light go off

quote name='surfdogskier' date='Sep 23 2019, 06:52 AM' post='2749502']
Hey guys,

When I got my car, it was a mess. Wires everywhere. Something is killing my battery after a couple of days. I have numerous wires going to my positive terminal. I have no idea what they are and hard to track.

What wires should be going to the positive terminal in order to her to just start and run? Just looking for a starting point.

Thanks.
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.