Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jb57tub
Trying to determine if a T1 oil pump is replacement for the T4. I think they put out a little more volume. Other than the mounting stud lengths has anyone dealt with this? I also have a deep sump addition to add, along with a remote oil cooler and fan set up. Am I shooting myself in the foot, or on an ok track? Damn hot down here in South Texas. Rebuilding engine from 1.7 . Standard 66 crank, 96mm c/p, 1.7 heads with 42 and 36 valves, at this time Webers, but who knows. Any help is welcomed, Jon
ClayPerrine
Here is what I use....

SCHADEK Type 4 Oil Pump

The pumps are nicely made. Tight tolerances, and plenty of volume.

You can get them in 30mm too, but I don't think that is necessary for our cars.

jb57tub
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 25 2019, 07:57 AM) *

Here is what I use....

SCHADEK Type 4 Oil Pump

The pumps are nicely made. Tight tolerances, and plenty of volume.

You can get them in 30mm too, but I don't think that is necessary for our cars.

Thank you for your response Clay. Just seems like cheap insurance to a possible problem down here. My p/c are from AA, This will just be a daily Porsche fix. I had 15 of them , 6 being 914s, (1 being picked up from the factory in Osnabrueck in '72.
yeahmag
Make sure you take a bit off the drive tang as it's a bit long for a Type IV. The cover will likely need a corner cut off too... Lot's of us running Type I pumps on our cars. Hell, I'm using the CB Performance Dry Sump Pump on mine!
80’s old school
QUOTE(jb57tub @ Sep 25 2019, 05:49 AM) *

Trying to determine if a T1 oil pump is replacement for the T4. I think they put out a little more volume. Other than the mounting stud lengths has anyone dealt with this? I also have a deep sump addition to add, along with a remote oil cooler and fan set up. Am I shooting myself in the foot, or on an ok track? Damn hot down here in South Texas. Rebuilding engine from 1.7 . Standard 66 crank, 96mm c/p, 1.7 heads with 42 and 36 valves, at this time Webers, but who knows. Any help is welcomed, Jon

Hope you go with an aftermarket cam.

I have a 1911. 66 crank and 96 c/p. Mine has a stock cam and I have 40mm Weber’s.

Great running engine, but runs out of grunt after 4800 RPM’s. Lots of midrange torque though.
jb57tub
QUOTE(80’s old school @ Sep 25 2019, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(jb57tub @ Sep 25 2019, 05:49 AM) *

Hope you go with an aftermarket cam.

I have a 1911. 66 crank and 96 c/p. Mine has a stock cam and I have 40mm Weber’s.

Great running engine, but runs out of grunt after 4800 RPM’s. Lots of midrange torque though.

Will be putting in new cam, will have to figure out which one. Using an old Supertrap exhaust, think I am probably going to with something like Fitech injection set up. Just thinking now but would like the tech help and simple system. Have Dell 44s but will most likely dump them. I have a big bore 2 ltr motor that came out of my car that was built back in the 90s in Cali, Big bore, (don't know the cyl bore yet) big stroke, heavy duty p/c, no bump rods, but just figuring out what I have. Just found a note to the builder, Bernie Bergman, Escandido, Ca. I have the engine torn down , but have not measured it yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.