Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight wiring question - Solved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9**P-car
My driver's side headlight is not coming on. I checked voltage, and nothing is coming thru, low or high beam. The passenger side works great. Fog lights also work, turning off automatically when high beams are on.

I checked the headlight relay, and it is hooked up correctly. So my question is, does anyone know which terminals on the relay I should check for voltage in order to isolate the problem? Since the passenger headlight works, I'm thinking is a wiring problem leading to the driver's headlight.
bdstone914
QUOTE(9**P-car @ Sep 30 2019, 07:54 AM) *

My driver's side headlight is not coming on. I checked voltage, and nothing is coming thru, low or high beam. The passenger side works great. Fog lights also work, turning off automatically when high beams are on.

I checked the headlight relay, and it is hooked up correctly. So my question is, does anyone know which terminals on the relay I should check for voltage in order to isolate the problem? Since the passenger headlight works, I'm thinking is a wiring problem leading to the driver's headlight.

Start at the fuse box and check for voltage at fuses 1-4 that control the hi low left and right. Spin the fuses to make sure they make contact.
A wire diagram will be helpful.
9**P-car
Spinning the fuse was all it took. Brilliant response!! Thank you. That's what makes this such an awesome forum.
mepstein
But new fuses. They are cheap.
Tbrown4x4
And carry spares!
914Sixer
Clean all the terminals on the fuse block
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 1 2019, 09:11 AM) *

Clean all the terminals on the fuse block

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.