Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new wheels and tires - fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
yep it is me again - so I am in the mood to change up the wheels and tires. at first I thought I wanted some minilites. but now I would like the classic fuchs. there is an issue however my 73' still has the 4 bolt hub and I know the real fuchs are for a 5 bolt configuration.

so my ? is what is the best knock-off/imitation fuch I can get that will give that real fuch look?. the pic is what I am going for. also what is the tire to go along with this and I would like to go as wide as I can.

-jp
rjames
The fakes are 5 bolt, too.
mepstein
Buy PMBperformance 5 lug kit. ~$1k. Then 6x15 Fuchs with 205x60x15 tires. About $2,500-3k all in.

Or get 2.0 Fuchs with 4 lugs. Classic 914 look without any mods.
Olympic 914
It looks like the rear fenders have been pulled on the green car. Probably 7" on the rear of that one.
914Sixer
Change the front struts out to 72-up 911's, with M calipers and rear hubs made to 5 bolt.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 4 2019, 09:30 AM) *

Change the front struts out to 72-up 911's, with M calipers and rear hubs made to 5 bolt.

More money but nice setup.
Struts 400
Ball joints 150
M calipers 400
Brake pads 50
Rotors 150
Brake lines & hardware 100
Strut hardware 100
Hubs and dust caps 250
Bearings and seals 75
Rear hubs 250
Rear rotors 150
Lug nuts 100
DickSteinkamp
Mine are JBW (John Brown Wheels). An English company but I believe the wheels are made in China...

IPB Image

15 x 5.5 5" backspacing. Any wider, even messing with the offsets, and you may start to have clearance problems (depending on your tire choice) especially if your car is lower than stock.

IPB Image

IPB Image

CIP is running them now on sale for $99 each no tax no shipping charges.

Tires are 195 65 15. That is about the biggest you can fit on a 5.5" wheel safely. A 195 70 15 would be the same height as an original tire so no speedo error, but not as sporty.

You'll also need caps and lug nuts. The black lugs look better (IMHO), but are tougher to find and more expensive.

The redrilled front and rear rotors, redrilled rear hubs, and studs can be done many ways. Watch for sets (or partial sets) here if you are on a budget.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 4 2019, 04:03 AM) *

Buy PMBperformance 5 lug kit. ~$1k. Then 6x15 Fuchs with 205x60x15 tires. About $2,500-3k all in.

agree.gif

Bob B
burton73
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Oct 3 2019, 09:54 PM) *

yep it is me again - so I am in the mood to change up the wheels and tires. at first I thought I wanted some minilites. but now I would like the classic fuchs. there is an issue however my 73' still has the 4 bolt hub and I know the real fuchs are for a 5 bolt configuration.

so my ? is what is the best knock-off/imitation fuch I can get that will give that real fuch look?. the pic is what I am going for. also what is the tire to go along with this and I would like to go as wide as I can.

-jp

I think this car has 8in 951 wheels in the back. Crisis at Tangerine racing make rear flairs like those.

The car would look very close to that with rolled rears with 7 x16in and 6 x 16in in front. Spend the extra for real Fuchs just in case you want to sell them later you will get all your money back

Bob B

johnpierre
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 4 2019, 04:03 AM) *

ok, so im a lite dense on a couple of these points. in this scenario the 5 - lug performance kit means I'm converting the hubs or the thing-a-mi-gigger that you bolt the fuch to correct?

then im good to go - just need to get the fuchs and tire them up and bolt those little bitches on right???

-jp-
johnpierre
thanks everyone - this is good intel.... I though I could get away with just some knock-offs, to tied me over, but 3k is not that much and I need to re-do a bunch of things in the front and rear anyways - shocks and what-not. probably have not been changed for over 10 - 15 years. so I should just get it all done at the some time.

anyone have a home shop that could help me install this stuff, ill pay, would just rather give someone here in this community $$$ rather than to someone that I don't know and does not really have the love for these kinds of cars.

I have a really rotten experience with a place in silver lake called Mistriss, not only were they expensive but they didn't really have the attention to detail I like and/or mine or the cars best interest at heart.

-jp-
sixnotfour
CIP1
https://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1931

I bought 2 sets from ...the samba,,, $ 750 with tires....... 17 x 7...
johnpierre
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 5 2019, 10:36 PM) *

CIP1
https://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1931

I bought 2 sets from ...the samba,,, $ 750 with tires....... 17 x 7...

that is sick.....
type2man
The el cheap-o way is to run adapters which are $100. It will be tight in the back. Buy the 15x5 1/2 empi wheels in chrome. Do not buy the 15x6, as the flower petals dont look right. I have adapters on mine for now but my wheels are OG.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Before flares I had 15x6 Empis running 205x55 15
Click to view attachment
johnpierre
QUOTE(type2man @ Oct 6 2019, 11:59 PM) *

The el cheap-o way is to run adapters which are $100. It will be tight in the back. Buy the 15x5 1/2 empi wheels in chrome. Do not buy the 15x6, as the flower petals dont look right. I have adapters on mine for now but my wheels are OG.

Click to view attachment

such a cool color.... and in regards to the cheap version - I could be into that as well - so many decisions....
johnpierre
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 7 2019, 04:29 AM) *

Before flares I had 15x6 Empis running 205x55 15
Click to view attachment

super cool.... I really like when there is no black paint as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.