Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooper1340s
I replaced the stock steering wheel in my 76 914 with a MOMO wheel and adapter. Now I notice that my headlights go from low beam to high beam and back again as I turn the steering wheel in either direction. I also noticed that the blue light indicating high beams no longer works. When steering wheel is stationary, the high/low switch works intermittently. Any ideas about this?
Mikey914
Switch is on the column. So I'd start looking there as you were just there. Look for any indication that what was installed is wearing on something. check the switch visually. If not probably a wire. My money is problem is in the column from what you said. Usually if it happens after you have done something it's something you just did. Occasionally random things happen, but it's a start.

Try putting the old wheel back and see if it still occurs.
morsmanlaw
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 19 2019, 10:14 AM) *

Switch is on the column. So I'd start looking there as you were just there. Look for any indication that what was installed is wearing on something. check the switch visually. If not probably a wire. My money is problem is in the column from what you said. Usually if it happens after you have done something it's something you just did. Occasionally random things happen, but it's a start.

Try putting the old wheel back and see if it still occurs.

The same thing happens with mine. I have the OEM steering wheel. Turning can act the same as pulling on the headlight dimmer stalk. An old Pelican thread (2002) recommended checking the connection pins in the steering column. I'll start there.
FlacaProductions
check that the 4 slot head screws under the wheel that hold the switches in are not making contact with housing and that the screws are tight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.