Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear swaybar drop bushing replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drgchapman
How do you put the new ones in? Old ones came out in two pieces, real easy. I tried to press them in with a c-clamp......just squishes 'em .
skline
Talk to Aaron Cox, he has it down to a science and does them in about 3 minutes per drop link.
MarkG
I greased mine, then used channel locks as a vise, squeezed them right in
drgchapman
Heyyyyyyyy........Aaron!!!!!!
A little help over here.....anyone else?

boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif
clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif
boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif
914helo
I used a little bit of grease and carefully squeezed them in with a vise. Seemed to work pretty well.
skline
I think he clamps them with a hose clamp to keep them from collapsing and then heats them up to make them soft and wets them witha lubricant and they slide right in. I think he is coming by here today so I will have him post.
drgchapman
Thanks guys, there in. smilie_pokal.gif Greased 'em.......squeezed 'em in with a c-clamp, some pushing on the bulging edge.........grease...wonderful stuff.

Gary
watsonrx13
I just recently completed this, with Paul's (URY914) assistance, here's my description:

'The plastic bushings are very stiff and can be difficult to install. The steps I used to install them was to first place the hollow end next to the link and place both in a vice. Slowly tighten the vice and carefully 'persuade' the bushing into the ring using a flat-bladed screwdriver. At this point DO NOT put any grease on the bushing or the link. Once the bushing's ring has been inserted into the ring, remove from the vice. Apply a small amount of grease on the edge of the bushing, then place the ring, with the solid section of the bushing up, over the open jaws of the vice then beat into place. '

Here's the link to my websie

watsonrx13
Here's the description of installing them:
'I added some grease into both sections of each bushing. Then, start by putting the bushing on the shock absorber end, cover with a rag and hit sharply with a rubber hammer. Next, place the sway bar end into the other bushing and slowly tighten with a c-clamp. Notice the position of the c-clamp. The link will have a tendency to move around, so hold it in position. Tighten c-clamp until sway bar end is firmly in positon. '
watsonrx13
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Jul 1 2005, 01:14 PM)
Thanks guys, there in. smilie_pokal.gif Greased 'em.......squeezed 'em in with a c-clamp, some pushing on the bulging edge.........grease...wonderful stuff.

Gary

BTW Gary, glad you were able to get you're bushings installed, just thought I'd add my description in case someone else searched the web site...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.