Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discovery of 4742914807, yes a LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So not really a discovery as I have known about this LE for 15yrs or so. Long story short guy has had a "collection" of old British cars and other collectable cars in various stages of disrepair. You can see some of the outside collection in this post of mine from 2012.CLICK HERE

Due to health reasons he is no longer able to work on his many projects. Fast forward to a few weeks ago I get a call about the LE. He is ready to let it go. It was in rough shape back 15+ years ago. Made a deal and dragged it home today. This by far is the WORST trashed interior I have ever seen. This is what happens when racoons get inside. blink.gif

Anyway it is at my house now. Longs are solid, trunk floors are not bad hell hole will need attention. I have the front bumper and two rims, but missing the rest for now. I am sure they will turn up as the pole barn gets cleaned out of the many many parts laying around. Tomorrows project is to by a good particle respirator, long rubber gloves and clean out the inside so I can see just how bad the floor pan is, my guess not good.

My plan for now is clean out the inside, free up the brakes so it rolls better then it will get stored away in a friends old shop for the winter. Come spring I may sell the racecar and start the LONG road of brining this LE back to life. screwy.gif slap.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
burton73
It will be nice and a very good investment

Bob B
PanelBilly
Did you get the engine?
bkrantz
That's a hell of an interior.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 9 2019, 07:34 PM) *

Did you get the engine?

It's in there.
914-300Hemi
Looks a great project. Wish you luck
Tdskip
Whoa - quiet a while ago that I had dinner, the interior something else.

Glad she is in good hands and please keep us posted. Congratulations
FlacaProductions
Very cool - there have been worse starting points!
Unobtanium-inc
Save them all! And good on you for holding out for 15 years, sometimes it takes that long. I just bought three cars that I found 13 years ago.

This one looks like a keeper!
bdstone914
My friend had a 356 Carrera roller that raccons did their thing on the interior. I told to sell it as patina. He took it to the quarter car wash and blasted out the racoon poop. Got $52.5 k for it.
Unobtanium-inc
Raccoons are no joke. I once bought a whole barn one time, one whole shelf was MFI pumps. I did chase the raccoons out, but didn't look to close at all the stuff, it was an all or nothing deal. Once we did the deal and started loading, I started grabbing pumps, the nesting from the coons had been full of piss, and it rotted the bottom of the pumps, so I went from having about $10,000 worth of pumps to a bunch of door stops.
sixnotfour
that dash top is WTF.gif
Creamsicle New Zealand
Well done good on you for saving this LE
jagalyn
Looks likes a nice car...
abes914
Congrats and good luck.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 10 2019, 12:50 PM) *

that dash top is WTF.gif

sad.gif I know. Fking Racoons mad.gif
TonyA
Congratulations...on the bright side looks like you have an original shift knob.
JamesM
that vin is ~50 from my Bee. Probably built in the same week... maybe even the same day.

Cool

Looks pretty solid.... post some "after washing" pictures
Chris H.
Looks pretty good for a midwest car.
pete000
Now that's a "Fixer"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.