Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Vegas and 1 in SEMA finally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Matty900
On Monday we were able to get a few people together for a little shoot and then we went for a cruise on the strip. Hopefully I will get a little bit of time so I can put together a little video of it soon.
@Vegasracer looking like a bond villain in his sinister car Elvira.
Matty900
beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
John’s looking suave! evilgrin.gif
914-300Hemi
Great photos
Matty900
Magnus Walker brought a 914 to SEMA this year. He picked the car up on Craigslist a few weeks ago and was inspired to do an Art Car like Rocs Muel 911. You can see here https://youtu.be/1HKmfkjuhbI
Matty900
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 9 2019, 06:40 PM) *

He always looks suave. This was from a few weeks ago when I went down for Vegas Autofest and Cars Und Kaffee
Matty900
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Nov 9 2019, 06:51 PM) *

Great photos

Thank you very much. That really does mean a lot to me beerchug.gif
infraredcalvin
agree.gif

Keep them coming, please!
jcd914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 9 2019, 06:52 PM) *

Magnus Walker brought a 914 to SEMA this year. He picked the car up on Craigslist a few weeks ago and was inspired to do an Art Car like Rocs Muel 911. You can see here https://youtu.be/1HKmfkjuhbI

I was at SEMA on Wednesday but when I went by the Mobil 1 booth where Magnus' 914 was I could not get a close look. It was an hour or so before he was going to be signing autographs and the line of people waiting was in the way and they weren't letting anyone up on the platform where the 914 was.

Jim

sixnotfour
Great photos !! ROSSWULF Is that Stephen's RIP, 914 ??
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 10 2019, 11:05 AM) *

Looks like his car: shot from PIR at the Portland WCR
Matty900

Yes it is. That car is awesome
Specracer
My room at the Cosmo over looked the parking garage you took the pix from. Would have been funny to have seen you taking the pix (was just there monday thru friday for SEMA)
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 10 2019, 02:51 PM) *

Yes it is. That car is awesome

Good to see it getting what it deserves beerchug.gif driving.gif flag.gif
rad23racer
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 9 2019, 06:56 PM) *

He always looks suave. This was from a few weeks ago when I went down for Vegas Autofest and Cars Und Kaffee

I like the look of this front air dam setup. Can anyone shed some light on what it is?
cali914
very nice photos I love the front spoiler and air scoop on the blue one. a groovy looking hood scoop to vent the air out the top would be nice.
gereed75
Really cool pix guys. Slight thread drift, but what does it take to get into SEMA? Web site says “not open to public”
Matty900
QUOTE(rad23racer @ Nov 10 2019, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 9 2019, 06:56 PM) *

I like the look of this front air dam setup. Can anyone shed some light on what it is?

Someone here may be able to share the history on it but this is another look at it. It's a pretty cool piece
falcor75
While I like seeing a 914 at Sema and 914 art car....sure.

But the execution leaves alot to be desired....when someone says art cars I think of the BMW ones and while the looks can be discussed they had way better finish than this. If the same thing was done to a 911 people would cry bloody murder....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Nov 11 2019, 03:27 AM) *

But the execution leaves alot to be desired....when someone says art cars I think of the BMW ones and while the looks can be discussed they had way better finish than this. If the same thing was done to a 911 people would cry bloody murder....

Well, for a car that Magnus Walker has owned for about two weeks, in fact, I doubt he’s transferred the title, execution is pretty good. Remember, Magnus Walker is a 911 guy first.

I haven’t seen it in person though. I just like a patina look that is done well...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 9 2019, 06:32 PM) *

On Monday we were able to get a few people together for a little shoot and then we went for a cruise on the strip. Hopefully I will get a little bit of time so I can put together a little video of it soon.
@Vegasracer looking like a bond villain in his sinister car Elvira.

Thanks for the pics... beerchug.gif

John's black car has been among my favorite 914s for a very long time—there's just something about a black "GT" with big Fuchs, and this one slays me every time—and the blue car has been a fave these last years. Has its stance d-i-a-l-e-d.
sixnotfour
had a pretty good start..Carl Young
Jamie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 11 2019, 01:20 AM) *

A 170 mph 914, what's the story? poke.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 11 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Black six was formerly Carl Young's \ Porschaus (spelling ¿¿) club racer...it was a rocket ship. Must have been geared to get to 170 , and a long straight to do it on .Las Vegas area at the time didn't have the Speedway or Spring Mtn tracks...so perhaps Riverside Raceway, Ca ?
JP and myself had a great conversation at the old Peppermill cafe in LV a couple years back...I'm sure we discussed Carl's old six; but he knows all about the 914/ and its history !
sixnotfour
but he knows all about the 914/ and its history !

4k others do not....... see Carl talk about his 914 wide body made from 3 914's
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-State-Class...F-/153594818183
pete000
The ones in the parking lot look a lot better than the one in the show !
abes914
agree.gif
horizontally-opposed

Ah, so that's John's black -6? No wonder I've long had an affinity for his car. Bought that issue off the rack at Dave's Smoke Shop in Berkeley...

...and still remember that pink car. 944 Turbo front end surprised me, as did its speed. 170 back then was a very big deal—for any car let alone a street-legal 914.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Nov 11 2019, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 11 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Black six was formerly Carl Young's \ Porschaus (spelling ¿¿) club racer...it was a rocket ship. Must have been geared to get to 170 , and a long straight to do it on .Las Vegas area at the time didn't have the Speedway or Spring Mtn tracks...so perhaps Riverside Raceway, Ca ?
JP and myself had a great conversation at the old Peppermill cafe in LV a couple years back...I'm sure we discussed Carl's old six; but he knows all about the 914/ and its history !

Pink one was built specifically for the Silver State Classic, though they both ran it.
I helped fund those builds lol-2.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Nov 11 2019, 07:36 PM) *

Pink one was built specifically for the Silver State Classic, though they both ran it.
I helped fund those builds lol-2.gif

Wonder where the pink car is now? Haven't seen it anywhere for a very long time.

Forward-sloping steel roof, windshield (!), and tripled cowl vents would make it pretty easy to spot...
VegasRacer
Yes. Both cars were built by Carl to compete in Open Road Race events like the Silver State Classic, Pony Express and La Carrera.
sixnotfour
was there a 3rd 914 extra wide. made from 3 914s ....was on a video 1999 silver state challenge .I have the tape where he explains its odd appearance..it was white..
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:27 PM) *

agree.gif Mats biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
The other car was not pink. splat.gif It was Purple.
All of Carl's race cars had at least some purple on them.
It is a PCA competitor and resides in Colorado, the last I knew.
sixnotfour
and Shea doesn't wear pink...salmon
Maltese Falcon
Carl loved to set up Solex carbs for some of his builds, we sold him several sets from our stash; nobody wanted these...Carl tweaked them with good results.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 11 2019, 08:53 PM) *

Lol...then that magazine (and other photos) aren't representing that color very well. Looks magenta at best... wink.gif

But a pink or purple car never bothered me, so long as it was a GOOD shade. 964 RS in Rubystone, anyone?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 12 2019, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 11 2019, 08:53 PM) *

Lol...then that magazine (and other photos) aren't representing that color very well. Looks magenta at best... wink.gif

But a pink or purple car never bothered me, so long as it was a GOOD shade. 964 RS in Rubystone, anyone?

agree.gif
Chris914n6
Pinkle.

Not quite a girly pink, not quite a manly purple.

Why you complaining? Yours is rico suave black. elvira.gif
Matty900
Here's a few more for ya
Matty900

Not really. That's where some of the inspiration comes from actually.
Richard “Rich” Goncalves of ROCS Motorsport did a very cool art car that looks like it has seen some stromberg.gif in it's days. But it's paint check it out
https://instagram.com/rocsmotorsports?igshid=1as9g43546ooy
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 12 2019, 01:01 PM) *

Richard “Rich” Goncalves of ROCS Motorsport did a very cool art car that looks like it has seen some stromberg.gif in it's days. But it's paint check it out

Look at Magnus insagram photos,,he had been taking pics all around LA of distressed signs , lines on the road , all kinds of the like..plus the X owner first door , helped him finish the concept......so as much as I dont think its nice,, I get it...like I wrote before its not ..the Road to SEMA..Its,,5 days to SEMA...there was plenty of shiny Fails there also..
sixnotfour
Autographed poster , please
Mike Bellis
The actual first 914 at SEMA is not Magnus... It's Felix

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=37568
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 17 2019, 08:25 AM) *

#1- Felix
#2- Felix @felixholst x914, his artwork, MW-owner
sixnotfour
update;Magnus wrote
Ready for phase 2 .
#porsche
mepstein
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 12 2019, 03:01 PM) *

He had both cars at Hershey. They actually look great in person. They look like a well used privateer race car. He built the cars around the look. They were new builds but built to look worn. The interior has leather seat and wheel patina and the engines look period correct. If I was the owner, I would have been thrilled with the builds. They were my favorite cars there.
rhodyguy
Patina is the new $20k paint job.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 17 2019, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 17 2019, 08:25 AM) *

#1- Felix
#2- Felix @felixholst x914, his artwork, MW-owner

Felix and the MSDS team were extremely pleased by the constant crowds around his Neo 914 project at the 2006 event. I reserved his display space in conjunction with our exhibit, and he worked hard to make the deadline. Great fun that week Indeed driving.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.