Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear box - selecting 2nd gear - help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangermoose
Hello...

Thanks for everyone's help solving my alternator issues!

On to the next problem!!

I have a tail shift gear box.

Selects well 80% of the time, though crunches going from 1st to 2nd, mostly when pulling off up-hill!

Any ideas why the synchro is playing up in these situations & what I can do, obviously other than pay a lot for someone to take the box apart?

Cheers.

Dave UK
porschetub
QUOTE(dangermoose @ Nov 12 2019, 03:44 AM) *

Hello...

On to the next problem!!

Selects well 80% of the time, though crunches going from 1st to 2nd, mostly when pulling off up-hill!

Any ideas why the synchro is playing up in these situations & what I can do, obviously other than pay a lot for someone to take the box apart?

Cheers.

Dave UK

Are your bushes all in good condition and is the system adjusted properly ?,I found crunching was more consistant in the lower gears when my cable wasn't adjusted correctly ,found it had stretched a bit from new and adjusted it was fine.
dangermoose
Bushes on the changer rod system? - These are all new & seems to move around well & the crunching is mainly when pulling off up hill.

Cable? - Do you mean clutch? This seems fine & biting point is high on the peddle.

QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 11 2019, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(dangermoose @ Nov 12 2019, 03:44 AM) *

Hello...

On to the next problem!!

Cheers.

Dave UK

Are your bushes all in good condition and is the system adjusted properly ?,I found crunching was more consistant in the lower gears when my cable wasn't adjusted correctly ,found it had stretched a bit from new and adjusted it was fine.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.