Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing center fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
What do I need to do to replace the plastic fuel lines? I searched this forum and the classics and didnt find anything on it. Does the engine need to be out? I'm assuming that the gas tank needs to be pulled. Any advice is appreciated
tat2dphreak
fuel line article

they were sneaky and put it in '914 info'
redshift
hahahaha wayno way!
jgiroux67
Thanks! I never even knew there was a info section.
Jakester
You can also contrast the 914Club article to the Pelican Parts Tech Article on replacing the center tunnel gas lines.
Different approaches - similar result.
Lou W
There is a Fuel Line Kit available in the 914 Resources, Parts and Products. I tried to copy the link, but it didn't work right.
Marv's3.6six
biggrin.gif I just did a great "fuel line mod" earlier today that I have to thank Jim Patrick (Patrick Motorsports) for the idea. His idea is to use a piece of 1" EMT electrical conduit and run it thru the tunnel from bulkhead to bulkhead, very easy todo.

It took less than an hour to do this, (my car is completely stripped right now) You just cut a hole at the rear after you remove the existing fuel lines, make the hole slightly larger than the 1" conduit, you will need to put a couple of very slight bends in the conduit so to follow the tunnel curve, cut a similar hole in the front bulkhead just push it into place from the rear, tack weld both ends, deburr the openings and you are done,you only need approx 4 feet of conduit.

What this gets you is a solid pipe to run high pressure flexible fuel lines thru. If there is ever a break in the fuel line the 1" conduit is open only at the ends so there is no possible way for raw fuel to get in the cabin!
smooth_eddy
Hmmmm, this is a new twist. Seems like lots of people are re-doing their fuel lines. Can you post some photos? Was the motor in? What did you use for fuel lines? Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.