Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify this cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surfdogskier
When I was installing my new fuel pump under my car, I noticed this cable wasn't connected to anything. I have no idea what it is or where it goes. Any ideas? Thanks!
dlee6204
It goes to one of two heater valves that control heat to the cab. These valves are mounted to the heat exchangers right before the opening to the longitudinal.
rhodyguy
Heat valve control wire.
ctc911ctc
I politely suggest to change your gas lines to Stainless, looks like legacy lines (on the right) which have been known to leak and cause burn-downs.

Suggestion only.......ask me why I am writing this blink.gif headbang.gif blink.gif

QUOTE(surfdogskier @ Nov 21 2019, 11:34 AM) *

When I was installing my new fuel pump under my car, I noticed this cable wasn't connected to anything. I have no idea what it is or where it goes. Any ideas? Thanks!

surfdogskier
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Nov 21 2019, 11:36 AM) *

It goes to one of two heater valves that control heat to the cab. These valves are mounted to the heat exchangers right before the opening to the longitudinal.

Thanks!
surfdogskier
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Nov 21 2019, 01:06 PM) *

I politely suggest to change your gas lines to Stainless, looks like legacy lines (on the right) which have been known to leak and cause burn-downs.

Suggestion only.......ask me why I am writing this blink.gif headbang.gif blink.gif

QUOTE(surfdogskier @ Nov 21 2019, 11:34 AM) *

I eventually want to do that. I want to get a car lift installed and that would be one of my first things to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.