Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a 914-6 engine for a very special car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am looking for the missing engine for a very special car. The engine number is 6414082. If any one knows where this engine could be I would be very interested in purchasing itClick to view attachment
Charles Freeborn
Needle in a haystack. I saw a 6 motor for sale on a Facebook 914 group a few days ago.
sixnotfour
I have bare case 641434053, close.....good luck
gereed75
probably already did, but check the thread on the originality board
SirAndy
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Nov 26 2019, 09:41 AM) *

probably already did, but check the thread on the originality board

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=111670

agree.gif

rgalla9146
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 26 2019, 11:14 AM) *

I am looking for the missing engine for a very special car. The engine number is 6414082. If any one knows where this engine could be I would be very interested in purchasing itClick to view attachment

Please tell the 'very special' part.
Are the flares original ?
Good luck.
mlindner
I have 4127 for sale.
sixnotfour
is that the ssi m471
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 26 2019, 02:04 PM) *

is that the ssi m471

Crossed my mind as well but last time i saw it, it had an engine ...
idea.gif

sixnotfour
It belonged to Grace Slicks husband.
https://pbase.com/9146gt/other_m471_sn9141430258
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 26 2019, 02:35 PM) *

It belonged to Grace Slicks husband.
https://pbase.com/9146gt/other_m471_sn9141430258

Well look at that "SirAndy" guy in the comments ...
beerchug.gif
mb911
John sold it? I thought that would never happen.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
so This is the Gerald Slick, John Danials M471 GT coming this way for reassembly.
John is famous for his company Stainless Systems who made heat exchangers for 914s and 911s back then, finally selling out to Dansk several years ago.
I just spent three days with John packaging up this car and some others for him, and found out that he does not have the original engine. He sold it to a guy in San Francisco years ago, but thought that he had located it but had not

John bought this car with 28000 original miles on it from Gerald Slick who had originally bought it from Art Bunker Porsche Audi. He sold it to john in circa 1973. John promptly took it apart planning on installing a bigger engine, making a movable passenger seat, and designing a set of stainless steel modified heat exchangers for it. He never got around to it. The car languished for years. At one time Steve Gaglione had a deal to buy it (less engine) but after flying out to see John, selling his 911, paying for air fare and hotel, John changed his mind and sent Steve packing. I found the Eric Strenger M471 for Steve and he is very happy to have it.
Finally all of these years later, John is cleaning up his warehouses and renting them on by one, so has limited space to store cars.
28 years ago when I visited john and saw the car going to hell beyond a stack of boxes, I told him that if he sent me the car I would put it back together for free, especially as we had EVERY missing part to do the job. 28 years later he took me up on it,Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
For this 914,,I have a no number blank factory replacement 71 911/914-6 case...lf needed
pete000
I have been looking for my orig engine for years, no luck...
rgalla9146

I'll bet that many a missing 6 engine is still running in a 911 chassis with the owner
claiming to have a no-number replacement block.
Others suffered worse fates.
Forge ahead. Many have been reunited.
gms
@dr914@autoatlanta.com Did John sell it to you or are you restoring it for him?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
NONONONON! John will NEVER sell that car!!

QUOTE(gms @ Nov 27 2019, 03:37 PM) *

gms
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 27 2019, 04:50 PM) *

NONONONON! John will NEVER sell that car!!

QUOTE(gms @ Nov 27 2019, 03:37 PM) *

I was going to say...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.