Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name these wheels and will they fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DucRS
Found these wheels locally and wondering if they’ll fit a stock narrow body 73 914. Any idea of Brand/Model?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
john77
They look like Enkeis 92’s.

Looking at the width between bead seats they look like 6’s, so I think they should fit.

I’m running 16 x 7s all round which is just too much, my rear arches had to be pulled for them to fit. The fronts rub the rear of wheel well on full lock too (that’s with max camber) but it’s not that big a deal.
DickSteinkamp
Those look like they are 5 1/2"...maybe 6" wide (measure inside rim lip to inside rim lip)

Is the bolt circle 130mm?

What size tires do you plan to run?
DucRS
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Dec 10 2019, 07:39 PM) *

Those look like they are 5 1/2"...maybe 6" wide (measure inside rim lip to inside rim lip)

Is the bolt circle 130mm?

What size tires do you plan to run?

Found these on a local Classified add for $400 OBO and thought these might make a cool alternative to the stock Fuchs currently on. What do you guys think, yay or nay?

The guy selling is cleaning out his dads 914 leftovers so I’m assuming it’s a straight fit. When it comes to tires I haven’t the slightest idea at the moment, any suggestions?
DickSteinkamp
Any 16" tire of the same diameter as the stock 165 80 15 would need a much wider wheel...but that may not be one of your goals.

Unless those wheels are much more special than I can imagine, or if they are THE wheels you've been lusting after, I don't think they are worth the asking price.
bkrantz
Agree they look like Enkei 15 x 5.5.

Are they hub-centric?
johnhora
DucRS...

If your 914 is stock and looks like the nice yellow 914 picture in your avatar.

Forget these wheels and keep your Fuchs...The Fuchs are much better wheels..
Use the money some place else on the car.
Big Len
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 11 2019, 12:19 AM) *

DucRS...

Couldn't disagree more. They would look great on your car. It's just a wheel, easily changeable, do what you want.
twistedstang
Black mesh wheels look great on anything !
tomh
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 10 2019, 08:19 PM) *

DucRS...

Totally agree!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes they are enkeis, used to sell many, have the vw offset though so cannot fit the widest tire.
DucRS
Yes, this is my bone stock 73 914 2.0 in avatar. I was just thinking about a second set of wheels for those days when I’m feeling a lil outlawish ar15.gif than stock. Apparently the Enkei wheels don’t quite do it. The search continues

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
I think same with the wheels of one of the former car of Ric 918-S.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DucRS
Yup, these look spot on and looks pretty nice idea.gif
sixnotfour
Apparently the Enkei wheels don’t quite do it.

if you like em ..do it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.