Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 356/914 motor update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
Well the bus heat exchangers are on and a Tri Mill extractor with quiet muffler bolted on like a dream. It's reasonably quiet and all but a minor popping sound at idle is left from the previous back firing.

It's probably a minor carb adjustment needed.

Next the accusump and oil cooler/fan goes on....stay tuned.
Lawrence
Glad to hear it... sounds like you're having a lot of fun.
fuch toy
Yep....the biggest PITA so far is custom making the sheet metal. Tony Bray had it easy...he used 912E metal on his T-4 in the 911. Mine all has to be cut by hand.

One of the HEs is right under the stock oil cooler.....I need a piece cut to separate them and some kind of insulation sandwiched between them......
Gint
IPB Image
Joe Bob
Broke my digital camera...I will take some new pics when I buy one tomorrow. Welcome back crash boy..... finger.gif
maf914
When I suggested a bus extractor in the previous thread the Tri Mill was what I was thinking about, but I forgot the name. That's what I had seen on the T4 forum.

Do the bus heat exchangers have a different flange spacing than the 914's? The bursch didn't fit? Just curious.

Mike
Joe Bob
Same spacing but the bus trimill was flatter over over and did not hang down as much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.