Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB large plastic plugs for dash and driver’s side door comparment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
Hello we are looking for the large plastic plugs for our lower dash pad and driver’s side door compartment.

We need two sets of each for our restored 73 and 75.

I saw a picture of the allusive plugs... but cannot find them on 914Rubber sad.gif
mepstein
Are they the same size as the ones on the side of the lower dash pad?

ITEM # OEM91455223310
8 mm Interior Screw Cover

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/8...ior-screw-cover

@Jett
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 22 2019, 06:55 AM) *

Are they the same size as the ones on the side of the lower dash pad?

ITEM # OEM91455223310
8 mm Interior Screw Cover

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/8...ior-screw-cover

@Jett

I think they are the same size, but I was confused by the default item count of 26, so I assumed these are the smaller plugs that go in the various interior pieces.

@Mikey914 any idea?
Mikey914
Those are actually larger than the regular screw covers. Sorry I have not made them yet. But I can if they are not available. I think the dealer may have these. They are just $5 a pop

mark
Jett
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 22 2019, 07:59 AM) *

Those are actually larger than the regular screw covers. Sorry I have not made them yet. But I can if they are not available. I think the dealer may have these. They are just $5 a pop

mark

What size are they? 20mm?

@Mikey914 . we like to buy our parts from you smile.gif
Mikey914
If I recall correctly ours is 8mm and it's like 10mm (hole size). Close enough it's looks good until you try to fit it and it's just a little too small.
76-914
Or you can place a 1/2" long slender thread of Butyl tape (left over from a windshield install) around the flange of the plug and it will stay in place, no matter how deformed. The plug is easily removable in the future and doesn't show as the Butyl is black. beerchug.gif
Jett
Great idea, but I would love the correct plugs.

@Mikey914 .. can you manufacture some? I suspect a few of us are missing these smile.gif

Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 22 2019, 08:20 AM) *

Or you can place a 1/2" long slender thread of Butyl tape (left over from a windshield install) around the flange of the plug and it will stay in place, no matter how deformed. The plug is easily removable in the future and doesn't show as the Butyl is black. beerchug.gif

We have the butyl. SO I'll check to see how well this works,
but Yes I can make these let me find a sample of one in one of my cars. Makes sense since we make the door panels, door panel clips, the plastic surrounds for the handles, and sell the vinyl kits, might as well have these too.
Mark
FlacaProductions
I'm in.
914LIVE
=================================

Merry Christmas.

Santa to the rescue !!!

If Santa finds any, Santa will
drop them down your chimney.

Thank you, Santa.

=================================
Jett
smile.gif Great form!
PCH
I got my plugs from the local ACE hardware store.
914LIVE
========================

Santa has found TWO so far.

Santa keeps on looking.

========================
76-914
@Mikey914 Mark a pic is worth a 1000 words and yes it works.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.