Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914/2.0 Engine & Trans Niumbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminc914
I have a 74 914/2.0 I am looking to get a COA from Porsche and they are asking for the engine and transmission numbers. Here is what I found. I am sure the Engine is accurate but I am not sure if the transmission number is the correct one.
Engine GA011080
Trans HA16103
Car is built 10/1973
JFJ914
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Dec 23 2019, 01:33 PM) *

I have a 74 914/2.0 I am looking to get a COA from Porsche and they are asking for the engine and transmission numbers. Here is what I found. I am sure the Engine is accurate but I am not sure if the transmission number is the correct one.
Engine GA011080
Trans HA16103
Car is built 10/1973

Yes< those are the correct numbers
GregAmy
Isn't the whole point of a COA for Porsche to tell YOU what the original engine and transaxle numbers are, based on chassis/VIN?

If they're just gonna use your number to create a COA...then where's the value?
914Sixer
YOU have to give them the numbers for the current COA style document. PORSCHE will NOT give you the correct engine number unless you porvide it. It seems that NONE of the transmission numbers were recorded. The stamped number on the trans will give an indication on when it was built.
GregAmy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 23 2019, 09:33 PM) *

YOU have to give them the numbers for the current COA style document. PORSCHE will NOT give you the correct engine number unless you porvide it. It seems that NONE of the transmission numbers were recorded. The stamped number on the trans will give an indication on when it was built.

So then...where's the value of paying for a COA? How "A" is the "C" if they're simply writing the numbers you give them on pretty letterhead with a Porsche crest in the upper left corner?

(a.k.a., are buyers really that gullible...?)
JeffBowlsby
YOU must provide the numbers of the engine in your car and THEY will verify that their numbers match yours. IF they match, they indicate them on the PPS, if no match they are not indicated. Seems some people were telling them their current engine, which was not original, and trying to get that on the PCNA COA/PPS. This is their way of managing that to keep everyone honest
Rob-O
Well, Porsche knows what the engine numbers are. They’re just verifying it for you. They won’t give it to you if you don’t know (or the engine number is wrong) to prevent the engine getting restamped to the correct number.
JFJ914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Dec 23 2019, 09:13 PM) *

Isn't the whole point of a COA for Porsche to tell YOU what the original engine and transaxle numbers are, based on chassis/VIN?

If they're just gonna use your number to create a COA...then where's the value?

The COA is Dead, it was replaced by the new Porsche Classic Technical Certificate ($500). Obviously, it is of no value to you. It would only work for a valuable car like 914-6. They will not give you the numbers anymore because they are tired of being sued for aiding counterfeiters in defrauding buyers thinking the cars are real and numbers matching. This is not a program for the average 914-4.
JeffBowlsby
To be clear, the COA document formerly issued by PCNA, is no longer available but it has been replaced by the PPS.

https://www.pca.org/resource/porsche-certif...uthenticity-coa

The Porsche Classic Technical Certificate is available through Porsche Classic dealers.Click to view attachment
sholman5
The PPS application does not even ask for engine and trans #. The only numbers that it asks for is the vin and your credit card number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.