Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Switch Comparison
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,

The holidays have finally died down and I can get to posting pictures of these two switches.

I hope this is the easiest way to do this - multiple pictures involved - so I've put them in a google page.

The takeaways for me - the "NOS SWF" was $100 via an ad on The Samba and is noticeably different than the Cip1 ($33.99) offering but I'm still wondering if it is an SWF unit. The markings on the back of the lever do not indicate SWF and I don't see SWF anywhere on/in the unit. Nonetheless, it does see beefier and with a better finish than the Cip1 and maybe more importantly, has larger wiring.

The one feature of the Cip1 switch is that the white plastic tabs that hold the "W" spring have more a "cap" on them that may help is preventing the breakage that seems to be a weak point of these switches.

Curious what others think but I'm probably going to go with the "SWF" simply for the wiring and keep the Cip1 for a backup - even though my dad always told me to try the cheap fix first.....unfortunately, I won't be able to try ANY fix until early February when I'm back in the same place as the 914...sigh. (Along with installing the North Hollywood Speedometer-refurbished gauges and Dallas Custom Steering Wheel wheel....brutal wait!)

Here's a link to the pics - description of what's what is in the "info" tab of each pic but they're easy to differentiate as the SWF has only black and brown wiring - the Cip1 has multi-colored.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aRMYqsJJ2hLjcgUb6
914Sixer
The best reproduction out there for me is the Meyle.Thinking the wire colors are correct and the switch is under $30. CIP1 looks really cheap. CSP has a quality switch, made in Europe. I have not seen one to compare. Usually sells for around $80.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
buy the swf by all means. the cip repro is for a 75 76 914 and 924 and cheaply made. Swf has been discontinued so we beggars cannot be choosers, but since you found on you can! buy it!!! no substitute for nos parts
FlacaProductions
I bought em both, George but wondering what makes the Cip1 unit specific to 75-76? The pins seem to be the same...
914Sixer
Ooops
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.