Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know what happened to Ernie King's 6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Anyone know what happened to Ernie King's 914-6? I was featured in Excellence back in the 90's
TravisNeff
I think I saw a for sale ad for it a few years back.
Steve
Years ago, I saw it for sale on eBay. I don’t know who bought it.
Love that build!!
Cairo94507
I actually met with Ernie when I was looking for a 914-6 back before we had phones with cameras; probably the early 90's. He was a true gentleman and gave my wife and I the keys to his Six and said take it for a ride. We did. The car was an awesome build but for me, at the time, was too extreme of a build in regard to the suspension, as it rode really firm and my wife did not want that. She used to drive my 2nd Six everywhere and loved it. But that Six was mild compared to Ernie's. His car was a top-notch build. I had a ton of pictures and probably got rid of them about 5 years ago. I hope he is still into Porsches and enjoying life. The last time my wife and I saw him was at the Danville Livery for a Porsche Wash 'n Shine maybe 5 years ago.

beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
September 3, 2003 --- EBAY, Ended early, item no longer available (DID NOT MEET RESERVE PRICING AT $27,000)…
2009/Sep eBay, Up to $27,000,,did not meet reserve

boxstr wrote 03-08-2008;
I had this car listed on the CAMP 914 site. The car was in Bend Oregon and was a trade for a Panoz to GP Imports, It then went to Texas.
CCL
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81679

rennlist- vince davis 10/20/2009
I bought it from Ernie King up here in the bay area. I then sold it to a guy down in SoCal who then turned around and sold it!
Not saying it is but sure looks like it.
Vince
EdwardBlume
One of my personal top 5 favorites in my garage of dream cars.... if not top 3.

In the late 90's, this was every 914 owner's dream car, a driver, and a work of art.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.