Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper Torque for Seat Belt Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver six
What does the factory say is the proper torque for seat belts bots in the stationary seat belts for a 1970?

Douglas
SirAndy
QUOTE(silver six @ Jul 17 2003, 01:04 PM)
What does the factory say is the proper torque for seat belts bots in the stationary seat belts for a 1970?

from the haynes manual...

"After tight comes loose"

laugh.gif sorry, couldn't resist
Qarl
387 ft-lbs.
Qarl
Just kidding.

I think just moderately tight is enough. Whatever you feel comforatable with your socket or box wrench.

Make sure you configure your washers and nylon spacers correctly to allow the seatbelt holsters and belts to rotate freely.
silver six
Thanks Andy and Karl (insert sarcasm here). Karl, I'll try to get that 387 ft/lb with a 6 foot cheater bar. If I take the targa top off, I should be able to get enough torque on it. I'll let you know if I have any trouble. smile.gif

[Given that no one is really sure what the torque is, and given that these are 17mm bolts, I'm going to guess 30-33 ft/lb. Make sense?].

Thanks for all your help (or unhelp as the case may be).

Douglas
Aaron Cox
i used a .5 inch breaker bar and socket and just wound until it was tight! dont screw around with seatbelts! rolling.gif
Lawrence
If you feel the inside of the longitudinal go "crunch" when you torque it down - it's too tight (or it's rusty as hell in there).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.