Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bleeding dual port brake calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
This might have been answered earlier but I can't find it. When bleeding calipers with dual ports, do you bleed the bottom one first or the top one? I'm guessing the bottom one first but not sure.
Cheers, Elliot
Qarl
You're correct.

Also rap on the proportioning valve and caliper with a wrench or something to release any trapped bubbles.

Another trick is to jack up each corner of the car that is being bled. Thought being that any trapped air will rise to that corner and come out.

And have lots of extra fluid and bleed like crazy.

Keep an eye on your fluid level, that it doesn't get low, so you don't introduce exta air into the system.

Also... invest in speed bleeders if you don't have a helper.

Hope that helps!
serge914
Air bubbles always try to go up so I only bother to bleed the top ones.

Maybe someone can tell me if I am right.
Brad Roberts
No need to bleed the bottoms.. waste of time and effort. Its easier to manufacture the caliper for multiple cars and have multiple bleeders.

B
Mike's2nd914
Bleed the top only. Haynes indicates the bottom are to be used only to drain the system. Haynes also gives the following order in which to bleed: RR, LR, RF, LF. Bleed until you think you have it, then bleed some more! driving.gif
seanery
start the farthest away from the MC and work towards it is the theory behind the order.
Lawrence
If you're bleeding, then use the top.

If you're doing a flush, you could use the bottom screw first, to get fluid out of the bottom of the chamber in the caliper.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.