Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I see pics of your coolant lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
For the V8. I just can't decide...

I do have speed bumps around my neighborhood and if I go under the center of the car they will get scraped. I don't want to use black iron.

I'd like to go the rocker route but I've only seen the front of the lines ending up through the front wheel wells.

Is there another way of doing this?
John2kx
Roger,

The attached pic may give you some ideas. It shows the a/c lines secured to rockers as well as their routing through the wheelwells. With the holes cut in wheel wells for air exhaust, my a/c guy routed dryer hoses through this opening. I guess something similar could be done with water hoses, just keep in mind the water hoses are about twice the dia. of a/c hoses.

I guess you could split it up and run one water hose one each side of car.

Note: if you look close, you can see my water lines routed on bottom of chassis.

John
tat2dphreak
what is this coo-lant of which you speak?
Brian Mifsud
blackpipe down the center of the car is quite a GOOD idea. As long as you run some etheylene glycol, rust is a non-issue (rest of engine is black iron....) Black Iron will not collapse if you hit a speed bump hard enough.. your sheetmetal will give first.

The V-8 Conversion listed on one of these pages with the black iron lines aft was a great idea. There isn't much exposure since he ran them in the indents in the bottom of the car anyhow.

reconsider???

McMark
Where's Rick's alien? Didn't he use rectangular tube under the car?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 3 2005, 10:30 PM)
Where's Rick's alien?  Didn't he use rectangular tube under the car?

I needed to use a rectangle tube on one of the hard lines I made coming from the engine to the cooling tube. I had a clearance issue.

My tubes are out board. Made of 1 1/4" galvanized electrical conduit. They have nice weldable mandrel bend curved sections. And it's cheap. some day I'll get some good shots.

I figure if I hit this tube hard enough to damage it, I've got much bigger problems than the tube.
hargray2
A cover would be nice to protect rubber lines.
It could be made to look factory.

I guess it would kinda look like an upside down center tunnel. dry.gif

Dr. Roger
Rick,

That's exactly what I have now. 2 pieces of that type of electrical conduit. Only one step larger....

I would just love to put this stuff under the rockers.

Maybe cut holes thru the cockpit where feet rest. Or not. =-)
Andyrew
Honestly they will all work fine. Your not going to bend the pipe with hitting a speed bump.. and your not going to rip off a rubber hose with a speed bump. You'd need to do something serious to mess up either, and I have never heard of it happening.

Go the route you want to go! Maybe conduit will cool down the water just a little bit?? Then heck, go with that!

Theres no wrong way to eat a reeses
neo914-6
FYI, here are aluminum Boxster lines (dual rads).

agree.gif what Andrew said, it's all personal pref..

The rockers are a great location UNTIL you come to the front wheel wells...
914GT
A few pictures of my lines. 3/4" steel pipe. The scrape marks toward the rear are from using the floor jack to raise up the car. The pipes fit up close enough that they are nearly hidden from view. I go over speed bumps all the time. I take it easy, not worrying about the pipe but more clipping the engine bar or my front spoiler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.