Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Official" 2020 Route 66 Classic Information
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 29 2020, 08:27 AM) *

East meets West. It could be even more grande. Include the north & south. We could all meet in Mid America. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

The exact geometric center of the US is a few miles northwest of Lebanon, Kansas. I is in the middle of the Kansas prairie.
Middle Of The United States

The stone marker is the exact center. Considering there are no twisty roads for hundreds of miles, I don't want to waste time going there in a 914. If you find someplace with twisty roads where everyone could meet, I would go.

76-914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 29 2020, 06:59 AM) *

East meets West. It could be even more grande. Include the north & south. We could all meet in Mid America. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

The exact geometric center of the US is a few miles northwest of Lebanon, Kansas. I is in the middle of the Kansas prairie.

The stone marker is the exact center. Considering there are no twisty roads for hundreds of miles, I don't want to waste time going there in a 914. If you find someplace with twisty roads where everyone could meet, I would go.

@ClayPerrine , I don't know much about KS geography other than the Flinthill area is beautiful at sunset. Surely there is a spot that is nominally central that would be a fair pointe for NES&W. confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 29 2020, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 29 2020, 06:59 AM) *

@ClayPerrine , I don't know much about KS geography other than the Flinthill area is beautiful at sunset. Surely there is a spot that is nominally central that would be a fair pointe for NES&W. confused24.gif

Nearest point with any twisties is in Denver. And it is 6hours away.
VegasRacer
Adrian, Texas. beerchug.gif We will be there before noon on Monday. Click to view attachment
stevend914
Right now I'm in Kerrville, TX having just finished driving all three of the twisted sisters. I've briefly looked into starting in Chicago and arriving in LA, and then returning (to Saint Louis). Not sure if it will happen in 2021, might be the following year.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 27 2020, 07:39 PM) *

How far from Madison? Last time I went it snowed, I met Slits, and had a wonderful time. Count me in.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! first.gif flag.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

(You're crazier than I am. )
Madswede
That’s quite an epic journey in the making! I’d be remiss if I didn’t swing by and say hello since you folks will be within a couple miles of my home. I will probably have started my new job in ABQ around then as well, though I don’t think I’ll have a lot more time, I should at least be home every night instead of on the road every week.

Would be good to see you folks! I’ll check back in before the event.

- Jon (aka Nelson) shades.gif
VegasRacer
icon13.gif 60 Day Notice icon13.gif
It is not to late to join the party and make your reservations.

Please check the attendance list on the first page for accuracy and let me know if corrections or changes are needed.
Gint
I never actually said I was going... And probably can't. But the desire is there. I'd much rather hang out with you monkeys than work. That whiner Clay isn't coming is he? shades.gif
Gint
Whaddya drivin John?

idea.gif Maybe I'll can that other vacation idea and ...
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 16 2020, 04:20 PM) *

Whaddya drivin John?

Red 987.
Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 16 2020, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 16 2020, 04:20 PM) *

Whaddya drivin John?

Red 987.
Click to view attachment

I want IT!

Red Cayman R!

Here is my effort......

Click to view attachment
stevend914
sad.gif With the cancellation of the PCA Treffen in Colorado Springs, I will not be attending Route 66 this year either. Hopefully we'll be back to somewhat normal next year. I still have WCR on the calendar.
VegasRacer

The Route 66 Classic has been CANCELED due to CORONAVIRUS.
Coondog
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2020, 01:56 PM) *

Thank you for your time putting this event together...... first.gif There’s always next year.
76-914
Ain't nothing but a thang, John. Right now I'm hoping for WCR or Red Rocks; or both! rolleyes.gif
76-914
Ain't nothing but a thang, John. Right now I'm hoping for WCR or Red Rocks; or both! rolleyes.gif
Big Len
So sorry to hear.
914 Ranch
Fusch, Falcon, Phyque I can't think of any more ways to say it...
I was hoping to be able to bust out of here and go talk to some real teeners. There are few far between here and we don't gather.
Now that I think about it I could probably change that.
So I'm with Kent now and eating popcorn till fall. popcorn[1].gif
SharonG
Whatta bummer. I miss y'all! Well JP, now you have a good plan for next year Route 66. Everyone stay healthy! beerchug.gif
euro911
Was looking forward to it ... haven't been on a run since 2015 - but better safe than sorry.

I guess I'll just have to drive my new wheels locally, and solo for now driving.gif

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 21 2020, 08:55 AM) *

Was looking forward to it ... haven't been on a run since 2015 - but better safe than sorry.

I guess I'll just have to drive my new wheels locally, and solo for now driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Great looking Cayman Mark. The front tire looks a little flat.
914_teener
Welcome to the fold Mark.

09. 987.2?
euro911
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Mar 21 2020, 09:41 AM) *
Great looking Cayman Mark. The front tire looks a little flat.
Thanks.

Yeah, that was the one of pix in the ad - it's been patched and full of air now.

Cruise-control 66 mph all the way home as my wife was following in her new Outback and she hates driving the freeways driving-girl.gif ... the test drive was more 'spirited' aktion035.gif
Chris914n6
We might need a Route66 drive to Red Rock combo event smile.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 21 2020, 12:41 PM) *

Yeah, that was the one of pix in the ad . . . .

Mark, I am happy you know how to copy and paste. type.gif

I will glady congratulate you on a fantastic purchase if you can prove it by posting a photo from your own camera on the 'Cayman Owners Roll Call' thread. poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 21 2020, 05:23 PM) *

We might need a Route66 drive to Red Rock combo event smile.gif

Agreed; but not for the faint at heart. happy11.gif
euro911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2020, 06:52 PM) *
Mark, I am happy you know how to copy and paste. type.gif

I will gladly congratulate you on a fantastic purchase if you can prove it by posting a photo from your own camera on the 'Cayman Owners Roll Call' thread. poke.gif
Maybe mañana ... I vacuumed and cleaned the interior this afternoon. Then ordered some Mobil-1 (0-40W), some K&N oil filter cartridges, a dash cover and a car cover.
euro911
Just for you, John ( @VegasRacer ) slap.gif

Last night ... clean, lean and parked behind 'Eileen' ... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Since I purchased it during the virus outbreak, maybe I should name it 'COVID' confused24.gif

Only bummer - I'm not planning to register it in CA and it looks like I won't be able to get the paperwork to ADOT in AZ real soon Click to view attachment ... dry.gif

Also ... thinking I'm gonna ditch the side stripes ... at least the ones ahead of the front wheels idea.gif
VegasRacer
Thanks Mark. thumb3d.gif
You have always been a team player.

(Show us your first attempt without the rag on the reflective pylon. )
euro911
My God, John ... you're so hard to please laugh.gif

The pylon is there to keep the wife from backing into any more vehicles ...

Click to view attachment

It's raining cats & dogs for the next few days here, so don't expect anything real soon shades.gif
MoveQik
Well, I couldn't make this event regardless but now I don't have to deal with FOMO I suppose. Sorry you had to cancel, JP. Looks like I'll have to wait until fall to hook back up with everyone!
Gint
I was going to roll in the Boxster. But they already cancelled our Moab hotel for next weekend, so I was afraid this event was going to be a Covid-19 casualty.

I'm getting so bored working from and never leaving the house. It's been almost 3 weeks for me already because I got a 'regular' viral cold on Monday 3/9. They did the mandatory 'work from home' the following Monday. Haven't been back to work since, and barely past the driveway.

Took the dog out for a joy ride in the 914 today though.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 16 2020, 01:08 AM) *

La Posada hotel. 928-289-4366. @$130.
Gourmet dinner on site. (This place is so cool. )

I told you these guys were awesome.
Click to view attachment
How cool is that. aktion035.gif
Everybody who pre-registered should also receive a certificate.
(We are definitely going back to La Posada next time.)
euro911
I called La Posada and Riverside Resort to cancel my reservations back on March 24th. The gal I spoke with told me that they would be crediting the $ back to my CC smile.gif

The gal I spoke with at the Riverside on the same day told me that they were closed until sometime in April and that I'd have to call back and speak with the GM after they open again dry.gif
euro911
Received an email reply from the Riverside Resort on Friday:

"As requested, today, the reservation detailed below has been cancelled and $60.86 has been refunded to the xxxxx credit card on file. Depending on the banking institution, the credit may take 5 to 10 business days to appear.

Please take good care of you and yours. We look forward to seeing you, healthy and happy, in Laughlin, Nevada soon.

Best regards,
Your Friends at the Riverside Resort"

mueba.gif
VegasRacer
The New Mexico Governor has declared a state of emergence and invoked the Riot Control Act to close all roads into Gallup. busted_cop.gif
Click to view attachment
euro911
WTF.gif
VegasRacer
Just to make it *official*. The 2020 Route 66 Classic is back on. cheer.gif

Date: Friday, June 5th.
Time: 12:00 Noon.
Host Hotel: None.
Meals: None.
Track Fees: Zero.
Shirts: Free.
The Plan: Meet in Barstow. Cruise to Victorville. Visit the Rt 66 Museum. End of Day 1.
Regroup on Saturday in Corona, join the So Cal June Rally and drive to Mount Palomar.
Coondog
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 11 2020, 08:11 AM) *

Date: Saturday, June 5th.
The Plan: Meet in Barstow. Cruise to Victorville. Visit the Rt 66 Museum. End of Day 1.
Regroup on Sunday in Corona, join the So Cal June Rally and drive to Mount Palomar.

FYI........June 5th is a Friday.

I will check if the Victorville R-66 museum will be open but beware I wouldn’t leave my car unattended. That area of Victorville is a crime ridden shit hole.
The City has long abandoned the ideal of anything R-66. Old town Victorville is mostly burnt buildings infested by homeless who get dumped off buses from Los Angeles. Also Victorville is home to the largest Federal Prison in the Nation. Every week they drop paroled inmates off across the street. Barstow is no better.

A good scenic drive is from Barstow along National Trails Hwy “R-66” into Victorville then get back on the freeway. Also if you are not heading down the Cajon Pass by 3pm expect bumper to bumper traffic.

If you get off the 15 at Cleghorn to continue the old 66 Hwy. do not stop for pics or to rest. That entire area is known as a pick up spot for guys who like guys. They hide in the bushes waiting for cars to stop then hit you up.

Sorry to burst your bubble but my 30 plus years as a Firefighter in Victorville warns you to stay away from the old town area. Go to Oscars and enjoy.
76-914
When I googled the Museum it said "Temporarily closed"! But come on down John. We'll put you up for the evening and join the group drive which happens to be in my backyard. beerchug.gif
stevend914
I think I'll pass...maybe drive over to East St. Louis instead ar15.gif
VegasRacer
Thanks @Coondog , I fixed the date.
I have always avoided Victorville and only ever stopped in Barstow to piss. I guess that section of Route 66 will be drive by only. Thanks for the heads up.

@76-914 I didn't expect that the museum would be open, but I thought it sounded good.
Thanks for the offer, I am staying at Oscar's Hacienda on Friday night and then heading home after the rally.

@stevend914 I accidentally took the wrong exit once and found myself in East St. Louis.
It was every bit as lovely as Coondog's description of Victorville.

I need you three plus @914Toy , Oscar and Lawrence to give me your size so I can make sure you get a shirt, since you were signed up for the original event.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 11 2020, 11:49 AM) *

Thanks @Coondog , I fixed the date.
I have always avoided Victorville and only ever stopped in Barstow to piss. I guess that section of Route 66 will be drive by only. Thanks for the heads up.

@76-914 I didn't expect that the museum would be open, but I thought it sounded good.
Thanks for the offer, I am staying at Oscar's Hacienda on Friday night and then heading home after the rally.

@stevend914 I accidentally took the wrong exit once and found myself in East St. Louis.

I need you three plus @914Toy , Oscar and Lawrence to give me your size so I can make sure you get a shirt, since you were signed up for the original event.

beerchug.gif XL for me...Oscar
stevend914

[/quote]

bye1.gif XL

Since I live close to one of the old Route 66 roads thru STL, I'll drive it on my way to East St. Louis lol-2.gif
RFoulds
I am going to pick a spot along 371 where some Desert Rats will join you. 3 possibly 4 of us. coming from Coachella Valley.

I thought there used to be a glider airport on that road but now I cannot find it.
Larmo63
I'm a Large on the shirt.....Thanks John!!!

Blame me for this years' Route 66, I love it!

We stopped off in East St. Louis a few years back in a Ryder truck towing a car on a trailer, the locals looked at us and started to drool.

Needless to say we kept a right on a rollin'.........
914Toy
[quote name='stevend914' date='May 11 2020, 02:01 PM' post='2814051']

[/quote]

bye1.gif XL

Since I live close to one of the old Route 66 roads thru STL, I'll drive it on my way to East St. Louis lol-2.gif
[/quote]

XL thanks.
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 11 2020, 07:11 AM) *

Date: Friday, June 5th.
Regroup on Saturday in Corona, join the So Cal June Rally and drive to Mount Palomar.

You know it snowed here yesterday? Not sure I am ready for Barstow in June. But am seriously thinking about it.
Warren
VegasRacer
QUOTE(worn @ May 11 2020, 05:34 PM) *

You know it snowed here yesterday? Not sure I am ready for Barstow in June. But am seriously thinking about it.
Warren

You are one crazy ass, iron butt MoFo my friend. MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.