Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I was reviewing the engine-drop article in the 914 info section and noticed that the tranny mount, below the rubber donut, is different that the one on my car, it appears to be opposite of mine, should I flip the one that I have?

Here's a pic...
mihai914
Seems to me that you have that half doughnut shaped washer upside down. Here is a picture for reference, it's not easy to see but you can tell.
Joe Ricard
DAng Rob that is SOOOO Clean. But yea the big round cup looking thing is upside down.
Won't be long now before you drive it over here. Been awhile since I got to play with someone elses car. rocking nana.gif
Engman
Look below....
watsonrx13
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. After looking over the pics I took when I drop the engine, they've been positioned that way since I've owned the car.

Hey Joe, the rear suspension, engine and tranny are in, now to finish the front suspension, install the brakes and interior and I'll be good to go...

Joe Ricard
Don't make it right. So don't make me show pics of that motor you took out of that car. wacko.gif Before the rebuild.
So interior and front suspension? that means you'll be here for Sunay's Autocross huh? Got to break that new motor in right.
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jul 3 2005, 09:31 PM)
Don't make it right.  So don't make me show pics of that motor you took out of that car. wacko.gif   Before the rebuild.
So interior and front suspension?  that means you'll be here for Sunay's Autocross huh?    Got to break that new motor in right.

Hey Joe, notice the previous post references the pics I took during the engine drop, i.e., before you rebuilt the engine, no blame there, just wish one of us had noticed the inversion.

Anyway, I spent about 30 min removing the tranny mounts and flipping the donut, thanks again guys for confirming the position.

And Joe, it'll probably be near the end of the year before I'm ready for a road trip and good luck with the AX....
Mueller
need to get a set of these puppies....easy install smile.gif
Joe Bob
Shhheeeesch.....solid mounts are the way to go....not like yer taking Mom to the grocery store..... cool_shades.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 4 2005, 04:59 PM)
Shhheeeesch.....solid mounts are the way to go....not like yer taking Mom to the grocery store..... cool_shades.gif

This is going to be the solid mount for the German 8 Tor. The trans is set back some as you can see by the bolt. This photo was when it was in mock up on the Banana
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.