Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey April 18-19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
VaccaRabite
Everywhere that is closing is closing for 2 weeks or through April 1st.
Yes that could get extended. But Hershey is the end of April. For the moment I'd not worry too much about it, and see where things are a few weeks from now.

Zach
Stuckon914
Agreed. This will be my first time, been waiting many years to go to one of
These. If it’s open, even if PPE is needed I will be there.
stevegm
They aren’t cancelling it yet. But we will see. The local President of CPA of PCA is calling for a special BoD meeting early next week to review the situation. He said I could post that.
hot_shoe914
They need to decide, I have plans to make.
Stuckon914
Worst case, we have a drink in an empty parking lot and look at each other’s cars, then find a place with a decent steak and cheese and beer.
An unofficial and unauthorized 914 gathering.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Mar 13 2020, 03:42 PM) *

Worst case, we have a drink in an empty parking lot and look at each other’s cars, then find a place with a decent steak and cheese and beer.
An unofficial and unauthorized 914 gathering.

agree.gif

This was my thoughts exactly.. Meet somewhere, Go for a drive. Get dinner.

Hell, the motels already reserved.

And without the swap meet I will probably end up SAVING money. beerchug.gif
Stuckon914
Hell hotel rates may go down.
Saving money all over the place.
Unobtanium-inc
I will be there, I'm always there, usually first in line, literally! But even if the event goes on it will be a muted affair. Much of the Porsche population is of the gray hair variety, the ones who are most vulnerable among us, so I think they will sit this one out.

For example, will Hershey really be the same without my 77 year old mother working the booth?
Big Len
I would almost bet that they are going to close this, but they shouldn't. It's an open air event where "social distancing" can be followed. But more than that, maintaining a bit of normalcy is a really good thing in a very un-normal world right now.
mepstein
Hershey hasn’t been canceled yet because it’s a relatively small function compared to NBA, MLB, etc but it’s just a matter of time. Everything in Philadelphia and the surrounding area is canceled or getting canceled. If the Hershey Park people don’t do it, the state government will.
mepstein
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 16 2020, 03:20 PM) *

Hershey hasn’t been canceled yet because it’s a relatively small function compared to NBA, MLB, etc but it’s just a matter of time. Everything in Philadelphia and the surrounding area is canceled or getting canceled. If the Hershey Park people don’t do it, the state government will.

“- A number of U.S. states and cities have announced the closures of bars, restaurants, gyms and movie theaters to limit crowds. The Center for Disease Control recommended no gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks.”
TonyA
I was told last night to shut down one of my construction sites until further notice at least a month they said.
stevegm
The 2020 Hershey swap meet has been cancelled.

Note from Steve Limbert, the local PCA President:

“A quick note to let you and all 914 guys know that the BoD of the Central Pa region of the PCA have canceled the swap for 2020! It was a unanimous decision and after checking with Hershey they do not have dates available for the remainder of this year.”
Olympic 914
Steve

Thanks for the update.

Kind of expected this would come to be.
TonyA
Stay safe everyone till September for Ski Roundtop swap meet I hope!
Big Len
That's a shame. It's the prudent thing to do I guess.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 16 2020, 07:52 PM) *

That's a shame. It's the prudent thing to do I guess.

Makes the July get together that much more of a highlight. Hopefully this is a distant memory by then.
mepstein
Post #50

The feeling in the medical world, is best case scenario, 4-6 months before things can start to open and life can move on.

That’s not just me reading CDC, WHO websites but what the head of infectious disease at a major hospital told my wife.
Unobtanium-inc
Save your stuff for the Stoddard meet and Ski Roundtop.
Olympic 914
Started the process of getting a refund on my Non-refundable room reservation.

I'm retired.. I have plenty of time to fight this battle. happy11.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 17 2020, 08:04 AM) *

Started the process of getting a refund on my Non-refundable room reservation.

I'm retired.. I have plenty of time to fight this battle. happy11.gif

I recently fought it out with Choice Hotels on a night they charged me for. I booked the room via the mobil site on my phone, checked the box that I needed a Pet Friendly hotel since the hua-hua's travel with me. I booked the room. The hotel called me the day I was supposed to go there and said don't bring a dog there, they no like dogs. I said ok, booked another hotel, then got charged for the first night as a "no show". I fought it out with Choice Hotels corp. and got a check from them refunding my night, but it wasn't easy.
914_teener
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 16 2020, 05:03 PM) *

Post #50

The feeling in the medical world, is best case scenario, 4-6 months before things can start to open and life can move on.

That’s not just me reading CDC, WHO websites but what the head of infectious disease at a major hospital told my wife.

I heard the same from my son....he's a paramedic on the front lines.
saigon71
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 16 2020, 06:12 PM) *

The 2020 Hershey swap meet has been cancelled.

Note from Steve Limbert, the local PCA President:

“A quick note to let you and all 914 guys know that the BoD of the Central Pa region of the PCA have canceled the swap for 2020! It was a unanimous decision and after checking with Hershey they do not have dates available for the remainder of this year.”

Major bummer...

And I was worried about the weather dry.gif

Stay safe everyone!
nein14
I had suggested a couple of years ago to Steve Limbert to maybe do a join swap meet and car show with the Philly region and maybe even the NJ Region at the conference center in Oaks Pa
It can be done inside and out plenty of room
Close to Pa turnpike & Route 76
Stuckon914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 17 2020, 10:24 AM) *

Is that a 914 event?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Mar 18 2020, 02:40 PM) *

Is that a 914 event?

It slants heavy to 356 because of Stoddard but 914 stuff is there. I know Garold has come a couple times, it's a good swap and will probably be great this year if it happens.
mepstein
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 18 2020, 07:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Mar 18 2020, 02:40 PM) *

Is that a 914 event?

It slants heavy to 356 because of Stoddard but 914 stuff is there. I know Garold has come a couple times, it's a good swap and will probably be great this year if it happens.

I doubt we will have any events this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.