Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: period correct blaupunkt radios
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
wonkipop
personally i'd consider killing to have one of these.

Click to view attachment
CCE
While I was reviewing what I got from the old original owner, I tried to identify the best way to do it.
The original owner of my car had a set of clarion speakers drilled on the doors, front left fender for the antenna, an old (non working blaupunkt) and a set of clarions hanging on the targa arch, icon8.gif

Click to view attachment

Got rid of the speakers on the targa, deleted the old cable on the door seals, and replaced the rotted speakers on the doors (has the holes already, so no turning back) had to source a set of 5.5” focal 2 way round speakers with a grill cover that fit.

For the head unit, I sourced a vintage look mp3 and BT blaupunkt ($60) on eBay and a new faceplate with the right vinyl, and a new hirschmann antenna, I installed them and they work, but!

I am still convinced the right way to do it is to delete it all, and go back to the original blank faceplate in the dash. As it came out of the factory.

Cant really hear anything with carburetors anyway.

Click to view attachment

I am still pending to find a set of oval speakers to fit the original speaker grill that convince me. (Tight space)

Another thing the old owner had, a plug installation on the speaker grills to fit headsets in both sides which is funny, I can imagine him and his date with their own headsets.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have the newly recreated factory 914 perfect fit speakers now

G91464550310

QUOTE(CCE @ Jan 30 2023, 10:43 AM) *

While I was reviewing what I got from the old original owner, I tried to identify the best way to do it.
The original owner of my car had a set of clarion speakers drilled on the doors, front left fender for the antenna, an old (non working blaupunkt) and a set of clarions hanging on the targa arch, icon8.gif

Click to view attachment

Got rid of the speakers on the targa, deleted the old cable on the door seals, and replaced the rotted speakers on the doors (has the holes already, so no turning back) had to source a set of 5.5” focal 2 way round speakers with a grill cover that fit.

For the head unit, I sourced a vintage look mp3 and BT blaupunkt ($60) on eBay and a new faceplate with the right vinyl, and a new hirschmann antenna, I installed them and they work, but!

I am still convinced the right way to do it is to delete it all, and go back to the original blank faceplate in the dash. As it came out of the factory.

Cant really hear anything with carburetors anyway.

Click to view attachment

I am still pending to find a set of oval speakers to fit the original speaker grill that convince me. (Tight space)

Another thing the old owner had, a plug installation on the speaker grills to fit headsets in both sides which is funny, I can imagine him and his date with their own headsets.

Click to view attachment

Mike D.
Here is one that I have in the stash. It is a Mono Radio that says PORSCHE on the AM/FM selector. Unfortunately I can't read the old paper label on the top. I'm not exactly sure what brand, there are two small round parts on the sides that say Motorola. I have powered it up with a speaker and it works!
930cabman
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Oct 23 2023, 06:22 PM) *

Here is one that I have in the stash. It is a Mono Radio that says PORSCHE on the AM/FM selector. Unfortunately I can't read the old paper label on the top. I'm not exactly sure what brand, there are two small round parts on the sides that say Motorola. I have powered it up with a speaker and it works!

I have the same one, it's a Motorola Sapphire. Installed at the selling dealer
worn
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 24 2020, 01:12 PM) *

Waiting for chrome surround black face to match the vent panel.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

OK Bob, you are giving me a severe case of envy. If you were to say “Don’t hate me because my dash is beautiful “ I might let it slide.
burton73
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 25 2022, 01:32 AM) *

personally i'd consider killing to have one of these.

Click to view attachment

Not sure what model it is but this was in the 70 914 1.7 I saved from a wrecker a few years ago. I have been cleaning out my shop and came across it last week. Close to what @wonkipop said “personally i'd consider killing to have one of these.”

California car stored in hot San Fernando garage for 35 years

Best Bob b

Click to view attachment
emerygt350
I just ordered a cheap 'classic' radio from amazon ($29, I mean, who actually listens to radio in a 914?) to replace my nasty removable face pioneer 1 DIN. I will let you know how it looks. Really it's for my phone so I can hear directions from google maps.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.