Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 Mount options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amfab
I was at my mechanic's the other day getting some work on my car (the one that is actually assembled and running) and he had a Beck 904-3.6 in the shop with a 915.

It was such a simple mounting system for the tail end of the 915 I was again wondering if anyone was making a simple 914 chassis to 915 tail adaptor. The Bott kit seems great, but costly—same for the Evo.

I figured if this works for the Beck—mounted straight onto a square steel tube with a simple shift rod—couldn't I get solid clean shifting out of something similar for a lot less than (some very pretty and well made) alloy tailpiece?

-Andrew

Click to view attachment

mepstein
Do you have any pics from the back?
sixnotfour
I have a similar shift set-up ,,its ok
amfab
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 27 2020, 01:47 PM) *

Do you have any pics from the back?

Unfortunately no, but I should be able to get some in a few months when it is back in the shop. It was a solid rod with a couple of links,
Im thinking it looks like a cable system would probably work easily if there is a simple clean mount fo the tail. I know Patrick used to make one.
amfab
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 27 2020, 02:02 PM) *

I have a similar shift set-up ,,its ok

There yah go Mark, looks very similar...

Sixnotfour, is that in a 904 or 914?
when you Say "OK", you mean not to precise shifting, unreliable?
burton73
OK, these are pictures of my V8 car as far as the 930 trans, body mods to make the trans rear support fit the 914 body and the top view of rear trunk to show how I put in the moved back trans support as well as the factory 930 rear trans support mounted to the trans. Stock 930 trans mount on a flipped 930 so it hangs down and is not under the trans.

You can come down to my shop in Inglewood that you have been to see if this is an option for you on a 915 box. I am going to use Cable Shifts set up for linkage. You can use the same with a 915

Best regards,

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment bye1.gif
914forme
Easy enough look at what the Subaru swappers do. And looks like little room for a center mounted muffler? Is that true?
burton73
No room for center muffler. I have the same muffler that Driveabilty had in his GM V8
car.

From Driveabilty You tube-- I installed a set of mufflers which came off a Ferrari 575. The mufflers use a butterfly valve to switch from a quiet sound to a low deep tone when your really hard on the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnDze_xVJA

Bob B

wub.gif Sound
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 27 2020, 06:00 PM) *

Easy enough look at what the Subaru swappers do. And looks like little room for a center mounted muffler? Is that true?

I have the pms trans mount. I just need a shifter. Ben will make me a muffler/s to fit.
amfab
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 27 2020, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 27 2020, 06:00 PM) *

I have the pms trans mount. I just need a shifter. Ben will make me a muffler/s to fit.

I wonder if Ben would be interested in making a PMS style mount. I don't think they make that one anymore
porschetub
What a beast that would be,power to weight must be off the clock ,great wheels also pray.gif .
sharper
I have this muffler on each side. I can't remember if they are from a 993 or 996 (according to the guy I purchased the car from).
amfab
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 27 2020, 09:38 PM) *

What a beast that would be,power to weight must be off the clock ,great wheels also pray.gif .

Mechanic said that owner has a bit of trouble with it because it breaks the rear wheels in second all the time.

I was surprised that the wheels are aluminum. I have no idea where they come from
amfab
QUOTE(sharper @ Jan 28 2020, 05:14 AM) *

I have this ordered muffler on each side. I can't remember if they are from a 993 or 996 (according to the guy I purchased the car from).

I have an extra set of 993 mufflers and tips, that back end looks great.
I like the color keyed bumper top too.

Im a long way off from having to sort this as I am still fixing rust in the chassis. The 904 just got me thinking about how to mount the 915
sharper
The bumpers are fiberglass (car is a '75 model) and the guy I bought it from said the painter got the black and red backwards on accident. But he liked the look on the car and I agree that it looks great. Both front and rear bumpers are like this.
maf914
QUOTE(sharper @ Jan 28 2020, 10:46 AM) *

The bumpers are fiberglass (car is a '75 model) and the guy I bought it from said the painter got the black and red backwards on accident. But he liked the look on the car and I agree that it looks great. Both front and rear bumpers are like this.

I agree, it looks good. Could you post a photo or two of the front bumper? Thanks.
mepstein
QUOTE(amfab @ Jan 28 2020, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 27 2020, 09:38 PM) *

Mechanic said that owner has a bit of trouble with it because it breaks the rear wheels in second all the time.

I was surprised that the wheels are aluminum. I have no idea where they come from

904 replica wheels. Not cheap but never made for the torque of a 3.6
sharper
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jan 29 2020, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(sharper @ Jan 28 2020, 10:46 AM) *

I agree, it looks good. Could you post a photo or two of the front bumper? Thanks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.