Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 head CC kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
Does anyone sell a head CC kit for our type 4 heads? I can only find the bug ones that go to 94 mm disc.
Mark Henry
If you have a CC syringe you can level your head and use water with a drop of Dawn soap (to break surface tension) and you can measure it good enough for stock.
I made most of mine with tape, compass, drill and a jigsaw, you want at least 1/8" clear plastic. They'll look at you funny but most pharmacy's will give you a syringe, you want the biggest they have. I've always used water with a drop of soap, because most oils, chemicals, etc., will wreck the rubber piston of the syringe plunger.

I used to have a 50cc syringe, it was boss, but it wore out. Had a glass graduated burette, busted that shit.
Just CCed a pair of heads with a 3cc syringe what a PITA, I need a new syringe. rolleyes.gif
jsaum
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 28 2020, 02:49 PM) *

If you have a CC syringe you can level your head and use water with a drop of Dawn soap (to break surface tension) and you can measure it good enough for stock.
I made most of mine with tape, compass, drill and a jigsaw, you want at least 1/8" clear plastic. They'll look at you funny but most pharmacy's will give you a syringe, you want the biggest they have. I've always used water with a drop of soap, because most oils, chemicals, etc., will wreck the rubber piston of the syringe plunger.

I used to have a 50cc syringe, it was boss, but it wore out. Had a glass graduated burette, busted that shit.
Just CCed a pair of heads with a 3cc syringe what a PITA, I need a new syringe. rolleyes.gif

Ok I’ll look around for some plexiglass and try the home made method. I have a 60 cc syringe.
914werke
James you need a disc for 96's?
Tbrown4x4
Me too. 96mm. But won't a 94mm disc seal?
jsaum
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 28 2020, 03:56 PM) *

James you need a disc for 96's?

Yes.
stownsen914
I bought a cheap 100ml buret off Amazon for $20 for cc'ing heads that is surprisingly accurate (I weighed 100ml of water measured with the buret and it was 99.5g, suggesting that the buret only has .5% error).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KI25CE...=UTF8&psc=1
76-914
I made mine pretty much like Mark did with this exception. Beside 3/16" hole for the syringe tip I drilled a smaller 1/8" hole as an air vent. Also, I use some axle grease around the perimeter to seal the plastic disc against the head. I used alcohol vs soapy water but that doesn't really matter. Feed Supply's are good places to buy a large syringe cheaply. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914werke
The level is a good touch.
yeahmag
If you are doing this more than once (or even once) pipettes are the way to go. I plan on upgrading to a 100ml glass burette with stand. All are available on Amazon.
TargaToy
Do any of you guys live near a Tractor Supply store? They sell syringes in big sizes. Learned that little tip when I was having trouble getting some motorcycle calipers to bleed right after a full rebuild.

You want a big cow syringe. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Amazon has all the parts and stuff, if you dont have a place local. I used some food coloring because clear or light colored water was hard for me to see. Vent hole on opposite side is very helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.