Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official WCR 2020 Info Thread **POSTPONED**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MartyYeoman
Arrangements made. Thanks Chris!!
Larmo63
I wonder if any ass draggers will show up?
dan10101
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 11 2020, 01:02 PM) *

I can accommodate a number of cars for overnight parking, if folks would prefer this to leaving cars at the motel. We can shuttle back and forth to the hotel pretty quickly.

We have plenty of time to coordinate details and I'll be in touch with the event planners to see if I can help.

Chris, I'd like to park mine there if it's not all booked up. Besides, I love to visit your shop!!
Larmo63
A tour of Chris's shop should be on the itinerary!!
tygaboy
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Feb 12 2020, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 11 2020, 01:02 PM) *

I can accommodate a number of cars for overnight parking, if folks would prefer this to leaving cars at the motel. We can shuttle back and forth to the hotel pretty quickly.

We have plenty of time to coordinate details and I'll be in touch with the event planners to see if I can help.

Chris, I'd like to park mine there if it's not all booked up. Besides, I love to visit your shop!!

@dan10101 Are you just looking to park your car or do you need space for a trailer as well? Just let me know so I don't over book!
tygaboy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 12 2020, 05:25 PM) *

I'd be happy to host a visit. And if anyone needs anything plasma cut or fabbed, I could also do a little workshop day, too.

We have plenty of time to plan so just let me know what works.
dan10101
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 12 2020, 06:07 PM) *

@dan10101 Are you just looking to park your car or do you need space for a trailer as well? Just let me know so I don't over book!

Truck and Trailer parking would be great it's there's room.
Coondog
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Feb 12 2020, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 12 2020, 06:07 PM) *

Truck and Trailer parking would be great it's there's room.

Count me in for 914 parking
914-300Hemi
Count us in Mike.
jim_hoyland
Aerial view showing Motrl 6 @ Petaluma and surrounding parking
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 12 2020, 05:25 PM) *

agree.gif

Maybe a Thursday night dinner like last years Route66 or Friday night after the drive?
jim_hoyland
If you are on-the-fence; book a room anyway. If you can’t make the trip, you can transfer your reservation to another 914 World member that needs a room.
I've transferred Motel 6 room reservations several times, they are good with it.
Krieger
piratenanner.gif I should be good!
Mike D.
Plans for the Treffens, from the North and South are getting close. I hope to have the info up the first week in March so everyone can make reservations.

We did a week tour back in 2000 with old 914 Owners Assoc. for the 30th anniversary. It was a leisurely paced drive with lots of stops for site seeing, shopping etc., including a couple of real Americana Road Trip bits mixed in. We have to keep out co-pilots happy too!

"Clark, let's just skip the house of mud. I think Dodge City was enough for one day. " - Ellen Griswold
warpig
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 12 2020, 04:51 PM) *

Man,I hope not. poke.gif I just made my reservations.
tygaboy
QUOTE(warpig @ Feb 19 2020, 05:43 PM) *

Hey now, be nice! happy11.gif
If my 914 isn't running by then, I'd still like to tag along.
second wind
So what is the room rate and seems someone or two has found some discounts. Do tell?
Thank you,
gg
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(second wind @ Feb 19 2020, 05:55 PM) *

So what is the room rate and seems someone or two has found some discounts. Do tell?
Thank you,
gg

Try using AAA membership, IIRC Motel 6 discounts to members.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(second wind @ Feb 19 2020, 05:55 PM) *

Thank you,
gg

I requested and received SENIOR discount.

Oscar
914-300Hemi
Hotel booked. piratenanner.gif

Now I need to figure if I have enough PTO
Chris914n6
I booked my usual 2 queen beds for all 3 nights if someone wants to split a room beerchug.gif
Larmo63
I booked a room, also a senior discount.

Getting old(er) has it's rewards.
JRust
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 19 2020, 08:58 PM) *

I booked my usual 2 queen beds for all 3 nights if someone wants to split a room beerchug.gif

I'm in for splitting Chris
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 19 2020, 09:15 AM) *

We did a week tour back in 2000 with old 914 Owners Assoc. for the 30th anniversary. It was a leisurely paced drive with lots of stops for site seeing, shopping etc., including a couple of real Americana Road Trip bits mixed in.

Click to view attachment
warpig
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 19 2020, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(warpig @ Feb 19 2020, 05:43 PM) *

Hey now, be nice! happy11.gif
If my 914 isn't running by then, I'd still like to tag along.

Hahaha. Just kidding. That green car Larmo traded for his six is pretty sweet. drooley.gif
Now that I have two 914s I think it would make a top notch donor for my red car. idea.gif
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 12 2020, 08:25 PM) *

I only know of one that will be there...
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(LS1V8Jerry @ Feb 21 2020, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 12 2020, 08:25 PM) *

I only know of one that will be there...

hide.gif
914 RZ-1
I will be in a family vacation in Tahoe that weekend. I would like to find a way to go, so does anyone have any suggestions for getting my car up there? We can't tow it with the minivan. I would be able to drive it back, I just need to get it there. I'm staying in Tahoe City and love in northern LA county (near mike D.).
mxkinn01
Room booked. A few of the other Vegas folks may be joining us as well. We'd probably caravan along with John, but Elvira is way faster than us towing our cars there.
914werke
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Feb 21 2020, 04:07 PM) *
We can't tow it with the minivan.

Why not? No tow hitch? Flat towing a 2K# car doesnt take a whole lot. smile.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 11 2020, 07:44 AM) *

Hot Damn! Count me in, piratenanner.gif driving.gif cheer.gif first.gif happy11.gif drunk.gif welder.gif beerchug.gif smoke.gif first.gif It all happens at one of these events. Looking forward to another one of your great WCR's Mike. Thanks for putting this on.

I have Pm'd you.
Tonyooc
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 11 2020, 04:48 AM) *

West Coast Ramble 2020, Celebrating 50 Years of the Porsche 914 in America!
A Week Long Treffen and Weekend in your Porsche 914!

Here’s how it goes!

WCR Weekend 2020 will be held July 16 thru 19 in the Northern California Wine Country of Sonoma! Specifically, Petaluma, California will be the Ramble Site for the weekend. We are still working out many of the details, but this will be a Fun Filled event with 914 friends in the beautiful hills and valleys of Wine Country.

We have picked a Host Hotel based on the best rate, access to restaurants and some great 914 roads in the area. In addition the Lagunitas Brewing Co. is within walking distance and has an awesome beer garden!

Motel 6 Petaluma
1368 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
(707) 765-0333

I know what you’re thinking, “Motel 6?!” But it is Sonoma and it’s been remodeled recently AND has trailer parking! Check it out on Google. And if you have “points” or credit with other hotels there are a few others nearby.

Sorry but there is no group rate. The best they would do is no better than the AAA discount or 10% that you can find online just about all the time. The Hotel management has also informed us that summer time is VERY busy in this part of the state and they will be completely booked for July. So if you think you want to go to WCR book now! If something comes up you can always cancel the reservation or give it to another 914er.

There will be driving tours, Games, Peoples Choice Car Show, Wine tasting tours, Tech session and more! Mark your calendar and make your hotel reservations now!
Donations from Vendors have already started. Event T-shirts will be available, possibly a small swapmeet or an Autocross! Plus, you think you know your 914? Let's find out with a 914 Tech Quiz. We want YOU to be a part of this event. Drive your 914. Pull it in on a trailer. Needs paint? No problem, it runs, right? Tell a friend, Bring a friend!

ADDITIONALLY: A True West Coast Ramble 50 years in America Driving Event!
The week prior to the event we will be offering two separate Treffens or driving tours. Starting July 11 from the Very North (almost) of the West Coast and the Very South (almost) of the West Coast, two groups of 914s will drive some of the greatest roads in the Western coastal states and meet up together Wednesday, July 15th and roll into Petaluma on Thursday the 16th for WCR 2020! More info for Hotels/Locations Coming soon!

I know we are getting off to a bit of a late start but with the Rt66 in May and PCA Porsche Parade in June we felt July would give people a chance to bounce back, repair and upgrade their 914s and do it all over again!

Registration info will come later once the final details have been booked.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif im in
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Feb 23 2020, 01:14 PM) *

A few of the other Vegas folks may be joining us as well. We'd probably caravan along with John, but Elvira is way faster than us towing our cars there.

I know how to drive towing speed. ( I trailered my race car to the 1st WCR.) However, Elvira and I will be joining the Treffen in Tijuana, or wherever Mike D. wants us to start.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2020, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Feb 23 2020, 01:14 PM) *

A few of the other Vegas folks may be joining us as well. We'd probably caravan along with John, but Elvira is way faster than us towing our cars there.

I know how to drive towing speed. ( I trailered my race car to the 1st WCR.) However, Elvira and I will be joining the Treffen in Tijuana, or wherever Mike D. wants us to start.

Ditto.

Well, unless it's Tijuana. Passporto es expirio.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 23 2020, 08:41 PM) *

Ditto.

I call B.S. WTF.gif
Well at least your girlfriend at the time did not know how to drive towing speed. On the way home, your taillights disappeared going across the Mojave Desert.
SirAndy
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2020, 08:51 PM) *
Ditto.
I call B.S. WTF.gif
Well at least your girlfriend at the time did not know how to drive towing speed. On the way home, your taillights disappeared going across the Mojave Desert.

popcorn[1].gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2020, 08:51 PM) *

Ditto.

I call B.S. WTF.gif

And you will notice she hasn't been back lol-2.gif

Besides, I was mostly talking about the Treffen on the way there. I have no intentions of driving 12 hours nonstop in the 914 if I can caravan from Socal.
dax1969

Planning my holidays for 2020 and I might visit California again ...
I could be in the States fm 7th july till 20th .... would be great to do roadtrip and spend the last days in Petaluma .... It would break my heart to see all your nice cars fm the wheel of my rental biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Big question would be which tour to take . LA to SF or SF area up north....
urgently need to google

krgds
Dax

tygaboy
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Feb 25 2020, 07:44 AM) *

I could be in the States fm 7th july till 20th .... would be great to do roadtrip and spend the last days in Petaluma .... It would break my heart to see all your nice cars fm the wheel of my rental biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

urgently need to google

krgds
Dax

@dax1969 - I may be biased, living in the area, but I'd say start in SF and go north. You get a more rugged/rocky coast, redwoods, wine valleys, mountains. And a bit cooler weather, if that's important. Depending on how far you want to drive, there's Lake Tahoe, maybe Yosemite.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 25 2020, 09:56 AM) *
@dax1969 - I may be biased, living in the area, but I'd say start in SF and go north. You get a more rugged/rocky coast, redwoods, wine valleys, mountains. And a bit cooler weather, if that's important. Depending on how far you want to drive, there's Lake Tahoe, maybe Yosemite.

agree.gif

Don't get me wrong, the drive along the coast from LA to SF is beautiful but it doesn't have much variety.

- Oh look, the ocean!
- Drive around the next rolling hill
- Oh look, the ocean!
- Drive around the next rolling hill
- Oh look, the ocean!

driving.gif

914_teener
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 25 2020, 09:56 AM) *

urgently need to google

krgds
Dax

I'd agree.

I'd also fly into Oakland and not SFO. Less expensive and WAY easier to drive North from there.
jim_hoyland
How far is Petsluma from Oakland airport ?
eric9144
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 25 2020, 01:51 PM) *

About an hour to hour and a half beerchug.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Feb 25 2020, 02:03 PM) *

About an hour to hour and a half beerchug.gif

Currently Google Maps say 1hour 12mins from SF Airport and 1hour 17mins from Oakland Airport to Lagunitas Brewing in Petaluma. Trafic will of course change and these times won't mean anything.

Jim
914_teener

51 miles Jim depending on your route. It is definately the way to go for Napa.

How long depends on traffic. Lots less on the East bay side.
jim_hoyland
Thanks
dax1969
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 25 2020, 06:56 PM) *

urgently need to google

krgds
Dax

thks. Did a roadtrip last year and the final stretch was SF to LA the socalled pacific highway one. Nice but not super impressed as we had a lot of fog at certain points.

Perhaps I could stay a day or 2 in SF and go up north... will start googling.
Heard good things about Oregon... upto portland or seattle and then back down ?
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 23 2020, 02:44 PM) *

We'll have bikes on top (drag) and 6 people and all their stuff inside. I think the car would be too much. Minivan is a 2009 Toyota Sienna with 180K miles on it, so I don't want to push it too hard.
Coondog
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Feb 28 2020, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 23 2020, 02:44 PM) *

We'll have bikes on top (drag) and 6 people and all their stuff inside. I think the car would be too much. Minivan is a 2009 Toyota Sienna with 180K miles on it, so I don't want to push it too hard.

Wanted to tow mine with my Ford Edge St rated at 3500 PDs but a fuching U Haul car trailer weights 2,200 PDs......... sad.gif Shouldn’t sold my truck.

914_teener
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Feb 26 2020, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 25 2020, 06:56 PM) *

urgently need to google

krgds
Dax

thks. Did a roadtrip last year and the final stretch was SF to LA the socalled pacific highway one. Nice but not super impressed as we had a lot of fog at certain points.

Perhaps I could stay a day or 2 in SF and go up north... will start googling.
Heard good things about Oregon... upto portland or seattle and then back down ?

Go the Silverado Trail and up the Oregon Border and then down the coast side.

The winery.s up the Silvarado Trail are nicer than Bordeux ( no offense)....I.ve been to both.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.