Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine is looking good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
urbanskater
just thought i would post pictures of the engine, its only temporary, one because i will get more crhome on it and stainless gas lines, and two we will build up the engine. so hope you enjoy the pics.
urbanskater
and another one
Qarl
Very, very, nice! Good job! beerchug.gif
seanery
I'm thinking red sheet metal looks pretty good!
Andyrew
That looks very good! You painted the engine cooling stuff, what did you use for that? and how long will that last? Did you use High temp paint for all that or what..

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. the fan housing turned out NICE. What did you use on it ??

B
urbanskater
ah hah your talking about the cast aluminum look, yep i used cast aluminum spray paint, from your local walmart store. It'll actuelly last longer on the engine block and what not than the red metal(also sprayed) cause it doesnt scratch as easily. But i'm hoping that after the engine gets started itll bake it but i shall let you know how it turns out if you really wish to know.
Brad Roberts
Only problem with painting everything... it all comes off the first time you need to clean the engine or check for vacuum leaks with brake cleaner or carb fluid.

B
Andyrew
Ya, but it looks good when you take pics!!! tongue.gif

I might have to try some of that stuff, what was the brand that you used?

Thanks

Andrew
seanery
powdercoating is the ticket!
Bleyseng
Amen, I powdercoating all the tin and the fan housing for $150. I dropped off nasty, slightly rusty parts and picked it up 1 week later better than new.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.