OK those are the best. done for now.
sb914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 7 2020, 05:11 PM) *

OK those are the best. done for now.

Thanks for those beautiful images!!! wub.gif
Maltese Falcon
Just wub.gif perfect wub.gif
ndfrigi
beautiful pictures. thanks for sharing all of them!
bkrantz
Great photos--thanks!
URY914
I got there later then I wanted so there were people everywhere. Couldn't get clear shots of all the cars without having somebody in them,
76-914
Thx for all of these fantastic pics. 2nd best thing to being there! beerchug.gif
tailwind22
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 7 2020, 04:34 PM) *

My understanding was this six conversion was listed for sale at Amelia. Anyone know the asking? It did not meet reserve on BAT a few months ago.
cali914
Great pix i have never seen so many different rim combinations on the 914. Thanks for sharing.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

Where's Phil's copper car?

here ya go Bill-

and a few from C&S saturday, some nice 911’s

these safari rally 911’s were all from Kelly-Moss out of Wisconsin, as was this 911 hybrid that was also doctored up a bit/
and last of all me and Eric Shea who also is building a off-road rally car but out of a 914 , word is they are again working on it and i tried to get him to promise me first dibs on it if ever sold , i was serious , Eric , just in case you thought i was joking ! anyway he did offer to build one , i was afraid to ask $$$ but i did offer my Maserati.......
DRPHIL914
so many nice cars at Amelia for Werks, and at C&C saturday- very cold for us, 40’ Sat am, never for over 50, felt much colder with lots of wind.
poorsche914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 8 2020, 05:53 AM) *
I got there later then I wanted so there were people everywhere. Couldn't get clear shots of all the cars without having somebody in them,

Like Paul, I hate taking pictures of cars with people in the shot. Here are a few I took with my DSLR. I took a bunch with my iphone and posted a few on Instagram.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Gatornapper
Phil -

Your sweet 914 is still the best of all IMHO........

GN

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 8 2020, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

Where's Phil's copper car?

here ya go Bill-

and a few from C&S saturday, some nice 911’s

these safari rally 911’s were all from Kelly-Moss out of Wisconsin, as was this 911 hybrid that was also doctored up a bit/
and last of all me and Eric Shea who also is building a off-road rally car but out of a 914 , word is they are again working on it and i tried to get him to promise me first dibs on it if ever sold , i was serious , Eric , just in case you thought i was joking ! anyway he did offer to build one , i was afraid to ask $$$ but i did offer my Maserati.......

DRPHIL914
really so many nice cars, this /6 was one of if not the best car there, 30k original miles mint and numbers matching - the car they gave 1st place to was right next to it , also a original 6 but aftermarket flares and motor was built up to a 2.3 so both beautiful cars but that one was repainted etc (but absolutely stunning) i would have picked the original 6. again just a personal preference, but i appreciate the detail of work and perfection thst went into the rebuilt car as it’s how i measure my own work ans seeing how and what others have done as well. so many great cars!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree. We restored this in the middle 90s for the chief photographer for Sports Illustrated, who had found it sitting outside in the New Jersey weather. It was a true 27000 mile car at the time. needed a bit of rust repair but truly a very low mile six.

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 10 2020, 07:04 AM) *

really so many nice cars, this /6 was one of if not the best car there, 30k original miles mint and numbers matching - the car they gave 1st place to was right next to it , also a original 6 but aftermarket flares and motor was built up to a 2.3 so both beautiful cars but that one was repainted etc (but absolutely stunning) i would have picked the original 6. again just a personal preference, but i appreciate the detail of work and perfection thst went into the rebuilt car as it’s how i measure my own work ans seeing how and what others have done as well. so many great cars!!!

BENBRO02
Someone at the show said they saw a picture of me posted driving on 95 south in the monsoon on Thursday. I'd like to see that if someone knows where it is.
Lucky9146
@SB914

@sb914
You asked for more on the CF car. Here ya go. Have to say it was an amazing work of art with details you just have to look close to see, I mean he did it all. I talked with him for a while and learned he repairs CF bicycle frames and has done CF for many years. Not a particularly practical car and he said it leaks pretty bad as he did get caught in the rain. Note the windows are fixed hence the scoop on the roof. He said the doors weigh just 13 lbs each and I could not believe they sounded like a normal door when you closed it. Made a GT engine lid all CF. even made his own engine shroud, just beautiful work. I think the air cleaners are awesome!

I took a bunch of pictures because I figured no one would believe me what it was like. He said the roll cage brought the weight back up, so I think the car was just an act of love. Pretty unique! I am going to post almost all my pics on this car as there are some pics already posted. More pics in the next post.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Lucky9146
I was fortunate to get there early as others did and got some shots before the on slot of the crowd. Unfortunately I did not have the cord for my camera to download with me in FL. Then I had computer problems when I got back home to San Diego. headbang.gif I would have loved to have had my car there just for the experience, but it was too far to tow, so I got to live vicariously through others. I am in a picture back on page 3, fifth post. What a great time!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Had the pleasure of riding in this beauty below the following day to Cars & Coffee with Michael the now owner from NJ. Michael is a life long friend of the guy I stayed with who had sold it to Michael and has the Yellow GT4 below. It is a 3.2 FI with a Boxster transaxle. Full Cage. He cleaned and polished those wheels for hours. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My friend brought his perfect 2016 2,700 mile GT4 complete with new hounds tooth seat inserts installed the day prior to Werks. One of the nicest guys you'll meet.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Borrowing this pic from @poorsche914 (and I hope you don't mind but) I wanted to show the orange Brumos 59 next to it the green 19.

Point being is here sits, side by side, two of the 12 factory built 914-6 GT's.
Side note, the #18 is a clone also owned by the #19 owner.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

I wanted to use this above pic to focus on #19 as I had a good talk with the owner who is sitting on the front fender and I got some good detail shots.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

dr914@autoatlanta.com
9140430691 is not be a factory built gt, but rather a standard 914-6 that Max Moritz built This is one I was interested in purchasing years ago until I found that it was not a factory built car. It does however have significant racing history

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Mar 12 2020, 09:56 AM) *

Borrowing this pic from @poorsche914 (and I hope you don't mind but) I wanted to show the orange Brumos 59 next to it the green 19.

driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

I wanted to use this above pic to focus on #19 as I had a good talk with the owner who is sitting on the front fender and I got some good detail shots.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Lucky9146
Thanks for that George, I was relying on the gentleman. I got a ton of pictures of the Brumos 59 car so I'm good. Sorry to mislead anyone.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 12 2020, 11:49 AM) *

9140430691 is not be a factory built gt, but rather a standard 914-6 that Max Moritz built This is one I was interested in purchasing years ago until I found that it was not a factory built car. It does however have significant racing history

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Mar 12 2020, 09:56 AM) *

driving.gif white914.jpg

Lucky9146
Winners

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
18 and 19 were also at the Rolex 24 on display and took a few laps on the track before the start of the race.
Jamie
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Mar 11 2020, 07:33 PM) *

I believe this car was present at the last Okteenerfest?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.