Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
I can’t seem to find a home for these yet? But am still assembling just don’t remember these fancy bolts?Click to view attachment
jmitro
valve adjusters?
KevinW
Headlight adjusters
bkrantz
QUOTE(KevinW @ Mar 8 2020, 06:21 PM) *

Headlight adjusters

Yes.
shane
Hi thanks, theses are M8 bolts where on the headlights would they go? Thanks
KevinW
They mount on the bucket to adjust the amount of travel. It is a stop adjustment.
shane
QUOTE(KevinW @ Mar 8 2020, 05:54 PM) *

They mount on the bucket to adjust the amount of travel. It is a stop adjustment.

Great was looking at the buckets and found the two holes with nothing in them. Thanks
KevinW
You can see the bolts they are brown in the picture right below the gray tube
914_7T3
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 8 2020, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(KevinW @ Mar 8 2020, 06:21 PM) *

Headlight adjusters

Yes.

agree.gif
rgalla9146
They act as stops in the 'fully raised' position to prevent vibration of the headlight.
SirAndy
QUOTE(KevinW @ Mar 8 2020, 06:54 PM) *

No, please don't use them as a "stop" to adjust travel!

The bolts are only supposed to just barely touch the tabs on the headlight bucket when the headlights are in the fully open position to prevent the light from vibrating when open.

If you remove those bolts you'll see that the headlights will still stop just fine in the open position, there is no "stop" needed at all.
shades.gif

lierofox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 8 2020, 08:07 PM) *

QUOTE(KevinW @ Mar 8 2020, 06:54 PM) *

No, please don't use them as a "stop" to adjust travel!

The bolts are only supposed to just barely touch the tabs on the headlight bucket when the headlights are in the fully open position to prevent the light from vibrating when open.

If you remove those bolts you'll see that the headlights will still stop just fine in the open position, there is no "stop" needed at all.
shades.gif

Almost sounds like something you'd send a newbie out to grab.

Grab me a pack of piston return springs.
Need a tube of elbow grease.
Go in and ask for a headlight antivibe bolt.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(lierofox @ Mar 9 2020, 04:12 AM) *

Grab me a pack of piston return springs.
Need a tube of elbow grease.
Go in and ask for a headlight antivibe bolt.

Go get a water pump for a 914.

ctc911ctc
Of all of the parts in my '74 2.0 these bolts were (are) the most rusted, where might I find a pair of these for sale?
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 9 2020, 07:40 AM) *

Of all of the parts in my '74 2.0 these bolts were (are) the most rusted, where might I find a pair of these for sale?

Can you remove them? If so (PB Blaster might help), I'd recommend soaking them in Evaporust before trying to get new ones. You can also take a wire wheel to them to get the crud off.
ctc911ctc
There is not enough to save - seriously, they are toast! Looked for a picture (where is that thing, I know I took one) - will take one and post - kinda funny how little is left.

QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Mar 9 2020, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 9 2020, 07:40 AM) *

Can you remove them? If so (PB Blaster might help), I'd recommend soaking them in Evaporust before trying to get new ones. You can also take a wire wheel to them to get the crud off.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.