Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help wiring fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
n2j2ryan
I have a 72 which had a 1.7 wired for fuel pump with injectors. I now have a 2.0 with carbs and a new fuel pump from tangerine. I have been reading the other posts, but am not a great mechanic so I want to just make sure of a couple of things.
1. From what I understand the wire currently running to the fuel pump will not work as it is constantly hot?
2. What is the best way to bring power to the fuel pump?
3. What should I do with the hot wire? Could I use that to run my heated seats? (sorry, I am really not too keen on electrical). Is this something I should be hiring someone with a bit more knowledge to complete?
Thanks for all of your help. Getting really close to having a running car after 3 years!
n2j2ryan
Just after posting I found Andy's article which seems to answer all my questions...
Could still use some help figuring out how to bring power to the heated seats though!
HansJan
QUOTE(n2j2ryan @ Mar 11 2020, 12:31 AM) *

Just after posting I found Andy's article which seems to answer all my questions...
Could still use some help figuring out how to bring power to the heated seats though!

I believe that the seat heaters can be powered from the same source as the backup sensors.
porschetub
QUOTE(n2j2ryan @ Mar 11 2020, 06:31 PM) *

Excellent,so much info on here,make sure have the right pump,the CB Performance/Carter rotary is the best option which makes 3.5PSI which is fine but I found mine made more than that so I had already fitted a low pressure Holley fuel regulator and dropped my pressure to 3.0 + PSI and no issues.
Make sure your original fuel and voltage control relays are good and you will be golden,please use quality fuel line and FI hose clamps so we don't see a burnt car on here...sounds tough but fairly common with a 914.
Good Luck.
GregAmy
QUOTE(HansJan @ Mar 11 2020, 12:45 AM) *

I believe that the seat heaters can be powered from the same source as the backup sensors.

agree.gif

av-943.gif
n2j2ryan
QUOTE(porschetub @ Mar 10 2020, 10:55 PM) *

QUOTE(n2j2ryan @ Mar 11 2020, 06:31 PM) *

Excellent,so much info on here,make sure have the right pump,the CB Performance/Carter rotary is the best option which makes 3.5PSI which is fine but I found mine made more than that so I had already fitted a low pressure Holley fuel regulator and dropped my pressure to 3.0 + PSI and no issues.
Make sure your original fuel and voltage control relays are good and you will be golden,please use quality fuel line and FI hose clamps so we don't see a burnt car on here...sounds tough but fairly common with a 914.
Good Luck.

Great info and help. I did purchase the stainless fuel lines as well so I am assuming those are good quality. Thanks
n2j2ryan
QUOTE(HansJan @ Mar 10 2020, 10:45 PM) *

Thanks. That was very helpful! Unfortunately my back up sensors are already hooked up with the power windows and sunroof so I will have to find another source.
bdstone914
@n2j2ryan :
' date='Mar 11 2020, 09:21 AM' post='2793198']
[quote name='HansJan' post='2793085' date='Mar 10 2020, 10:45 PM']
[quote name='n2j2ryan' post='2793084' date='Mar 11 2020, 12:31 AM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thanks. That was very helpful! Unfortunately my back up sensors are already hooked up with the power windows and sunroof so I will have to find another source.
[/quote]

How much power do the seat heaters pull? I would be concerned that the circuit that you use can safely carry the load.
Bruce
n2j2ryan
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Mar 12 2020, 04:39 AM' post='2793407']
@n2j2ryan :
' date='Mar 11 2020, 09:21 AM' post='2793198']
[quote name='HansJan' post='2793085' date='Mar 10 2020, 10:45 PM']
[quote name='n2j2ryan' post='2793084' date='Mar 11 2020, 12:31 AM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How much power do the seat heaters pull? I would be concerned that the circuit that you use can safely carry the load.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce
That is something that I will have to check out. I know quite a few guys up here have them so it is definitely doable. I think I will wait until I get the rest of the gremlins sorted out before I tackle them.
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.