Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Aluminum Rocker Panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
johnlush
@dlee6204 : I'd be interested in a pair if you have them. Or add me to the list if you're doing a batch in future. -John
BillJ
Let me know.when the next set is available. I can come.pick them up in about a month or so actually. No rush at all
dlee6204
QUOTE(johnlush @ Jul 5 2020, 05:22 PM) *

@dlee6204 : I'd be interested in a pair if you have them. Or add me to the list if you're doing a batch in future. -John

I just got another batch bent up this weekend. I’ll shoot you a PM.

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif

dlee6204
icon_bump.gif

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a set so far. beerchug.gif
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif

Still have some sets.
sixnotfour
shipping to 84074
dlee6204
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 19 2020, 05:34 PM) *

shipping to 84074

PM Sent
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif
draganc
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 6 2021, 02:03 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Just PMed you...
second wind
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 15 2020, 05:38 AM) *

I have three sets of aluminum rockers panels for sale. I developed these myself and made a couple extra sets. If you were at Okteenerfest in 2019 you had the opportunity to see these in person. These are under half the weight of an OEM steel set. Comes with mounting hardware. Price is $200 plus shipping. I can also make more sets if there is enough interest.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hello and thank you...so if I get these how many pounds do I save, I would guess I have to primer and paint.....and how do they look when all done and mounted? Identical to factory or is there a difference? Thank you very much...
gg
dlee6204
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 7 2021, 01:18 AM) *

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 15 2020, 05:38 AM) *

I have three sets of aluminum rockers panels for sale. I developed these myself and made a couple extra sets. If you were at Okteenerfest in 2019 you had the opportunity to see these in person. These are under half the weight of an OEM steel set. Comes with mounting hardware. Price is $200 plus shipping. I can also make more sets if there is enough interest.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hello and thank you...so if I get these how many pounds do I save, I would guess I have to primer and paint.....and how do they look when all done and mounted? Identical to factory or is there a difference? Thank you very much...
gg

Weight savings is about 6 pounds. They are about half the weight of a factory steel set. Post #2 shows a set mounted. These are very close to factory. Most will not be able to tell a difference once mounted.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 15 2020, 07:41 AM) *

Here are several pictures of a set that was painted and installed on my car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Any Chance you could make them for a flared car? Would love to have a set, but I just flare the fenders on my car.
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif
Snebs2
I think I would like a set.
dlee6204
QUOTE(Snebs2 @ Jun 20 2021, 10:47 PM) *

I think I would like a set.

PM sent.
euro911
Just curious - why do these appear to have a bend in them, Doug? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 21 2021, 12:53 PM) *

Just curious - why do these appear to have a bend in them, Doug? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

There's not a bend there. It's an illusion from the camera view.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
They look even better up close. smilie_pokal.gif
flmont
Iam in for a set,Thanks Frank

PS..Depending on color scheme not sure I would paint them, they do look good up close !
cgnj
Doug,

I'd like a set. PM your payment info.

Regards,

Carlos
drdamiansmith
Do you have a set without the square jack holes ?
dlee6204
QUOTE(drdamiansmith @ Jul 8 2021, 02:51 AM) *

I actually have one set in production now that should be ready next week. First come first serve.
racerbvd
My 76 needs a set.
drdamiansmith
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 8 2021, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(drdamiansmith @ Jul 8 2021, 02:51 AM) *

I actually have one set in production now that should be ready next week. First come first serve.

How do I contact you for payment and shipping info ?

Damian
808-354-7273 cell
Text is easier
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif I got a new batch of panels fabbed up last week.

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif

I have more in stock. I also have two sets without jackpoint holes available for anyone interested.
Niklas
Are they expansive to send to Sweden?
I need 2 sets.

Niklas
akp2002
Have you thought of making some out of 304 Stainless? I saw some on a black car and they looked great. I would be interested in them as polished aluminum would be hard to maintain.
sixnotfour
Im In for a Pair....No Jack Holes.. PM sent..$$$ sent beerchug.gif
914werke
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 22 2021, 08:38 AM) *
Depending on color scheme not sure I would paint them, they do look good up close !

I have a set here & was planning on powder coating them, but found I needed to "work" on them a bit as they have some pretty good blems that are from the press brake that would otherwise show in the powder. sunglasses.gif
tsvo
How much for this set with blemishes?

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 5 2021, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 22 2021, 08:38 AM) *
Depending on color scheme not sure I would paint them, they do look good up close !

I have a set here & was planning on powder coating them, but found I needed to "work" on them a bit as they have some pretty good blems that are from the press brake that would otherwise show in the powder. sunglasses.gif

sixnotfour
He Fixed em and used em,,I will say the Bender Vender Need to Dress
His Dies,,..Or Tape em..ways around scarring..Other than that ,,Nice product.
alan_clary@comcast.net
Are these aluminum rocker panels still available
gnomefabtech
Same question. Let me know if these are still a thing. Thanks
Van B
oh these are cool. Has Doug been around? Anyone hear back from their inquiry?
Van B
Just looked at his profile and it says last active 29 June 2022... so, I'm not holding my breath
Dlee6205
icon_bump.gif

I'm still around... my account (Dlee6204) was compromised when World was hacked back in November and I lost access.

I have another batch in the works now. I'll be posting again when I have them available.

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.