Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding intake of a 2.0 D-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sofi2t81
Hi there,

After having problems with the emission test all the years here in Germany (high CO) I started to fix the D-Jet with rebuilding the intake system to sort out the leaks.

While disassembling the thing I found some creative solutions from the PO. barf.gif

The seal from the throttle to the plenum missed a piece but was „sealed“ with some gunk („Bärenscheisse“ you may have the right english word too).
Seal between runners to cylinder head had the same black paste in a crack.
Thermo switch wire was broken and drilled together with a little tape under the plenum.

I replaced most of the Vacuum hoses some years ago. Sadly not the crankcase vent.
The PCV valve was connected to the plenum but there was u T connection to the charcoal canister wich wasn’t easy to see. The PO then blocked the T side to the plenum with glue. So no crankcase vent... WTF.gif

Oil separator gasket was glued in as well

And finally three screws of the crankcase split were loose...with one nut missing headbang.gif

And some minor things...

What I did so far.
I cleaned all the parts, removed all the gaskets, glue and rust.
Painted everything.

Now the question. Should I reconnect the PCV or not? The valve operates when I apply some vacuum. How is idle stability with the PCV?

Thanks for help
Stay save, stay home, stay healthy

Peter
Bleyseng
Hook up the PCV as it also relieves the crankcase pressure so the engine doesn't have pressure inside the case causing leaks. Doesn't affect the idle at all if all the hoses are good and no vacuum leaks.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 7 2020, 09:41 AM) *

Hook up the PCV as it also relieves the crankcase pressure so the engine doesn't have pressure inside the case causing leaks. Doesn't affect the idle at all if all the hoses are good and no vacuum leaks.

agree.gif

Not sure what the "baeren" part of the word is, but I recognize the "sheisse" on the second half smile.gif

(How do I get an umlaut on my keyboard....?)
Bleyseng
ö like this? Hold the key down for a few seconds and select it
GregAmy
av-943.gif @ "bear shit"...
BeatNavy
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Apr 7 2020, 12:41 PM) *

av-943.gif @ "bear shit"...

Wait, I thought that was supposed to only be in the woods blink.gif

Ah, yes, I can now get umlaut, at least on my iPhone. Ö smile.gif
Bleyseng
Bear shit is what we always called that roof leak black stuff that if it got on your hands it was there for a week. Sticky, water resistant black paste.....
sofi2t81
Jupp, thats it. Exactly that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.