Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another easy to do project GB Headlight sourounds w/ option for LED upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Rob914
One complete set (surrounds, lenses and lights) in black.
Thank you!
ValcoOscar
I'm in a FULL COMPLETE Set...in BLK Please.

PM Please

Oscar

frostyf
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2020, 09:36 PM) *

So as many of you may have noticed we offered these up previously but as complete package to rebuild the entire assembly with the brushes and hardware. We really just needed to offer them up alone.

So if you are tired of painting yours you can get new ones that will not peal.

A little info on the whites we would like to share.
When looking for samples we purchased 3 sets that were supposed to be original. The weird thing was they were all slightly different colors colors and one had texture to it. So we were initially thinking it was painted. This created a dilemma. DO we need 2 sets of molds for these?

As we started to look closer at the other untextured ones we noticed that if we used acetone we could remove the color and they were in fact both painted. As we removed layers we found that both had texture. So we were able sand off the outer patina to match the color and produce these to look exactly like factory ones did new.

The black is pretty straight forward and now if you want black for your yous and it "should" be white, you can swap them out no paint needed. biggrin.gif

Another thing you can do easily while you are there is to swap out the headlamp bulbs with housings and LED high low beam bulbs. We have been through countless vendors on these and have tested and run them in our cars. They are literally a safety issue if you drive at night you can really see the road. They re also adjustable so you can adjust the line for on coming traffic to no be blinded. There is an issue with high low circuits for grounding and we will be making a video of how to install, adjust and easily modify the circuit to run independently.

These will be the base of the surrounds only (with new stainless screws), and option to add LED headlamps and housings.

The latest version headlamps include new rubber seals on the back and when bough together WE assemble so you plug and play!

headlight surrounds only are
in black $50
in white $55

Add in LEDs with 2 new housings assembled and ready to plug in
and your package is
Black $135
White $140
(sorry got these reversed this is now corrected)

Retail on these packages are $254
The reason we charge the $5 more is they actually cost more to make.

So who's interested

I have several other GBs going and we will combine to save shipping costs. This is just one of those easy to do projects that really make a difference.

Retail is $164 for these alone

Mark,
If still available can I go for a Black Set please with LED bulbs

Thank you
Nick
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far, I will be back later tonight to check be codes expire at midnight
v82go

One complete set (surrounds, lenses and lights) in black.
Thank you! Bob
mdelwiche
If it’s not too late I’ll take a complete set in black!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.