Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ID this speaker model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
I'm trying to do this by remote control and I know these pods can be cut to size so wondering if anyone can ID the model and/or size of these Blaupunkt's.

Thanks!
Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
6.5" and the model # changes every year
FlacaProductions
Thanks Chris - looking to get these replaced but i'm away from the car and they're pretty old...a few model-number-changes back.

porschetub
Yes they are old,they will be "shallow mount" type,I have JBL's 6.5 which have large magnets and fit deep but means little as I have no heater so no hose in the way.
Chris914n6
Shallow mount will have no low end.

My Infinity Kappa are still in the daily beater but they will be going in even if I have to mod the hose smash.gif

The Kappas haven't actually changed in 10 years, the specs are still the same just different look and grilles.

Would be a good idea to flip them 180* as cones tend to sag and start rubbing the coil (scratchy noise).
Steve
There also spacers to bring the speaker out for large magnets, but then your leg might hit it on the way in.
Also since there is no back to the speaker, amazon sells cones to cover the back. it does help with the sound.
drem914
Here is a set available if you are interested.
They fit the same pods in my car without crushing the vent tube.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 10 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I’ve ... smile.gif Would you have a pic of the install ?
FlacaProductions
@drem914 - thanks for the offer but if @jim_hoyland would like them, then by all means....i'm going to do a little research and i'm certainly in no rush since i'm 2100 miles away from my 914...
drem914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 10 2020, 05:43 PM) *

@drem914 - thanks for the offer but if @jim_hoyland would like them, then by all means....i'm going to do a little research and i'm certainly in no rush since i'm 2100 miles away from my 914...

@FlacaProductions
No worries. these should pop right in without any modification to the pod. The pods were very forgiving for a period stock speaker install. As Steve said, the main thing is the back clearance, but the pod and this style of speaker took care of that.
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 10 2020, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 10 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I’ve ... smile.gif Would you have a pic of the install ?

@Jim_Hoyland ,
With those speakers in the pods? I will have to look, but I don't recall taking any focused shots with them in there. I had them in the pods for a while before I changed over to Polk instead. I can send you a photo of that if yo would like or a shot of the speakers behind the grilles if needed. Just let me know what it is you're looking for. I have 2 pairs. I had my old door cards, which already had speaker holes cut in them so I just wanted to match up the pods and the door cards.
jim_hoyland
Thanks. Both very helpful. Will follow up soon as I see what my pics look like ( I have the original grills)
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 10 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Thanks. Both very helpful. Will follow up soon as I see what my pics look like ( I have the original grills)

These will not fit the original grilles on the 914. those need to be 4x6 speakers I have seen other threads regarding Infinity Kappas and maybe a couple others that fit with adapter plates but they tend to crush the vent tubes behind.
Steve
914rubber sells the aftermarket 6.5” enclosures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.