Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door pocket cover spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mankowski
My door pocket cover does not have the spring on it that I've read about -- does anyone have a description of how/where it attaches to the cover, and/or a photo of it? I'd like to add one to my car. Thanks!
mepstein
One end on the cover. The other end attaches to the metal through a hole in the door card.
mankowski
Thanks, I'll need to remove the door card it sounds like.

I'll put a WTB ad and see if anyone might have a spare, or at least a photo of the correct length.
mepstein
You don't remove the door card but you do have to make sure you grab the metal behind the card and not just hook it into the vinyl and cardboard.
rgalla9146
Mark is right, leave the door panel on.
It's not easy.
The long hook attaches to the lid. the short end to the hole in the panel.
Attach the front screw loosely, lower the rear to hook both ends of the spring, raise the rear(lid closed) and fasten loosely.
Use a cratch awl to find the three lower holes.
Tighten all.
drem914
QUOTE(mankowski @ Apr 11 2020, 07:20 PM) *

I'll put a WTB ad and see if anyone might have a spare, or at least a photo of the correct length.

@mankowski when you put in your WTB let me know as I to have lost mine along the way and would like to get a replacement. TIA
mankowski
QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 12 2020, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mankowski @ Apr 11 2020, 07:20 PM) *

@mankowski when you put in your WTB let me know as I to have lost mine along the way and would like to get a replacement. TIA

WTB ad is up and already have a kind offer from KevinW to send me a spring and a plastic cover that apparently also goes along with it. Many thanks to all! piratenanner.gif I’ll PM you if there are additional responses to the ad.
TypeJ
Thanks everyone! You just saved me some heartache
Click to view attachment
914_7T3
@drem914

PM me your address as I have an extra spring with plastic surround I can send you.

beerchug.gif
TypeJ
Turns out there is actually a metal grommet in the door card that the spring anchors into. I had been poking around searching for a hole in the interior of the door before I took a peek and realized, nope. There is no hole there. The picture is bad because I just popped out the back of the door card to look, but you can see the grommet just inside of the plastic door card "pin"
Click to view attachment
porschetub
The "bastard" spring !!!,Rory had the best solution,I found you can't really get the spring back on with just long nose pliers headbang.gif .
drem914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 14 2020, 12:49 PM) *

@drem914

PM me your address as I have an extra spring with plastic surround I can send you.

beerchug.gif

@914_7T3 Thanks I now have a spring. My problem is the two map pocket flaps I have both have the slot that the springs hooks into worn down over time and use. So, even if I get the spring in place on the door and on the flap, once it closes the spring lets go at the flap point of connection.
PanelBilly
Leave it off. The cover stays down without it and then you can get your glasses out without having to hold it open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.