Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door and targa weather strip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aualexa1
I'd like to replace the seals on the chassis for the doors and the targa top on my '73. The door seals seem like they'd be pretty easy to do, but I've read the targa seal is more difficult. Any advice? Even better...anyone have video of the replacement?

TIA

Alex
SA-914
I did the two targa seals above the doors windows. You have to use a flat tip like a 3/8" wide screwdriver to push in each section. You cannot slide this stuff in the channel. I did use some glycerin to help it snap in, 1/4" at time. Drive side took more than an hour. I did the other in about 20 minutes. I lined up the diagonal cut piece and left the other long the started cutting it back as I test fitted until I had a tight fit.

QUOTE(Aualexa1 @ Apr 16 2020, 06:01 AM) *

I'd like to replace the seals on the chassis for the doors and the targa top on my '73. The door seals seem like they'd be pretty easy to do, but I've read the targa seal is more difficult. Any advice? Even better...anyone have video of the replacement?

TIA

Alex

Mikey914
We've done up a video but haven't edited it yet.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very easy the front windshield seal has to be run down the gutters first and then bumped on to the lateral strip and the top side seals "stuck" into the inside of the gutter and then pinched into the outside of the gutter. Silicone grease is your friend, and make sure you bunch the seals in for a tight fit without cutting them

QUOTE(Aualexa1 @ Apr 16 2020, 04:01 AM) *

TIA

Alex

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.