Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT Sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rikyrat
Hi All:

Have a question, I am in the midst of final wiring on my megasquirt injection system.
Since it uses it own CHT sensor, I am thinking about using the Stock CHT sensor to monitor temps.

I Currently have a ring sensor on the number 3 cylinder, but was considering removing it. The problem I have is that the ring sensor has 2 wires going to a connector and the stock only has one. I believe that the stock sensor is grounded to the block itself.

Is there any way to adapt the stock sensor to use it. Should I connect one of the pins on the ring sensor connector to ground, or will that totally screw things up.

Thanks for any assistance
Mark Henry
Stick with the spark plug ring, it's the most accurate placement.
You cant use the stock CHT sensor.
GregAmy
'Cause I'm curious and don't want to start another topic...

Mark, your thoughts on the correlation between the CHT under the #3 plug (what we all use as a baseline for discussions) and a temp sensor placed under the sheet metal screw to the head just outside the intake runner near #3 cylinder? See my photo below.

I'm using The Dub Shop's "modified CLT" sensor for warm-up, but I'm not sure how much confidence I have in this value for accuracy. I've used a handheld infrared and compared this terminal to that of the head directly with the plug wire off (engine not running of course) and it's generally within 5%.

I'd love to use this value as a hard cutover to a less-aggressive map on my Microsquirt install, and it would also be useful as inputs for my race car data acq.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.