Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name this relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
What relay would this be? Seat belt interupter?Click to view attachment
lierofox
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 5 2020, 03:54 PM) *

What relay would this be? Seat belt interupter?

Seat belt interlock would be under the passenger seat. The wire colors for that look like a High/Low beam dimmer relay.
mb911
QUOTE(lierofox @ May 5 2020, 02:59 PM) *

Seat belt interlock would be under the passenger seat. The wire colors for that look like a High/Low beam dimmer relay.

Ok that helps as well.. As I figure out the 911 switch conversion..
GregAmy
I name it "Aloysius".
bbrock
QUOTE(GregAmy @ May 5 2020, 05:56 PM) *

I name it "Aloysius".

Sounds like as good a name as any. Aloysius' job is the headlight relay as already indicated. If you have to replace it, the new one will have an extra terminal that needs to be jumpered to the power terminal to make it work. There are threads on it somewhere.
mb911
I like this game..
raynekat
I'll call that relay "Bob."
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 5 2020, 06:01 PM) *

If you are using a 911 turn signal switch, you don't need the relay. The /4 turn signal switch is a momentary contact switch to trigger the relay. The 911 switch is a push/pull switch that wires directly into the headlight circuit.

With the 911 switch I would suggest that you add a relay kit at the headlights. That takes the amp load off the 911 switch and makes it last much longer.

This kit makes it easy: http://www.allzim.com/store/zim-s-12v-brig...ategory_id=1127 All you have to do is to extend the 12V wires. I have them fused, and I ran them all the way to the battery.

If you need help with the wiring, let me know. I can make diagrams for you on how to change stuff like this.
mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 6 2020, 05:46 AM) *

If you are using a 911 turn signal switch, you don't need the relay. The /4 turn signal switch is a momentary contact switch to trigger the relay. The 911 switch is a push/pull switch that wires directly into the headlight circuit.

With the 911 switch I would suggest that you add a relay kit at the headlights. That takes the amp load off the 911 switch and makes it last much longer.

This kit makes it easy: http://www.allzim.com/store/zim-s-12v-brig...ategory_id=1127 All you have to do is to extend the 12V wires. I have them fused, and I ran them all the way to the battery.

If you need help with the wiring, let me know. I can make diagrams for you on how to change stuff like this.

Clay that would be super helpful .. I am just wading my way through this..
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 6 2020, 08:48 AM) *

I need the year of the 914, and the part number off the 911 switch. I will give you two diagrams, and a step by step set of instructions on how to do it.

Clay
mb911
Ok will do.. Maybe a day or so.
mrholland2
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 5 2020, 08:46 PM) *

I did too, but pronounced like Mr. Bean would say it.
mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 6 2020, 05:53 AM) *

I need the year of the 914, and the part number off the 911 switch. I will give you two diagrams, and a step by step set of instructions on how to do it.

Clay

@ClayPerrine I found the original ads for the switches I have. The chassis harness is a 74 914.. Let me know if this helps.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 5 2020, 08:46 PM) *

Heh, a man after my own heart.

--DD
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 6 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Clay

@ClayPerrine I found the original ads for the switches I have. The chassis harness is a 74 914.. Let me know if this helps.

Ok. Give me a week or so to put together a diagram.

Clay
mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 7 2020, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 6 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Clay

Ok. Give me a week or so to put together a diagram.

Clay

Thanks so much @ClayPerrine
ClayPerrine
I have the low/high beam and horn wiring mods figured out.

Now I have to look at how to hook up the turn signal wiring.

I am actually trying to locate the hand drawn diagrams I made when I did my car.

Clay
mb911
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 8 2020, 06:15 AM) *

I have the low/high beam and horn wiring mods figured out.

Now I have to look at how to hook up the turn signal wiring.

I am actually trying to locate the hand drawn diagrams I made when I did my car.

Clay

That is no problem.. My biggest issue is I didn't own this car when it was running as it was a basket case so trying yo figure out what was modified has been a challenge.. Let alone a left hand igniton swap in the middle of the 6 conversion.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
high low beam

What relay would this be? Seat belt interupter?Click to view attachment

ClayPerrine
New how to thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345469
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.