Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR Voltage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi All,
I'm debugging the hunting idle and just cleaned and validated the AAR is working properly on my bench.

When checking the voltage in the car I noticed then when the key is turned to the ON position I get a flash of voltage but it drops down to zero instantly and do not notice a constant 12 V when the engine is running. Is this the correct?

Thanks,
Dan
Morrie
QUOTE(solex @ May 9 2020, 12:01 PM) *

When checking the voltage in the car I noticed then when the key is turned to the ON position I get a flash of voltage but it drops down to zero instantly and do not notice a constant 12 V when the engine is running. Is this the correct?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

My understanding is that the AAR is powered by the fuel pump relay. There would be a flash of power with the key on and engine off, as the fuel pump only runs for a few seconds with the engine not started to prime the system. Test again with the engine running and you should see 12V all the time at the valve.
GregAmy
agree.gif

Only on when the fuel pump is engaged.
solex
Thank you both, after cleaning it up, I confirmed that it works and is completely closed when the car has warmed up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.