Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil change gasket kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
So no one had this in stock, many could not even order it. Napa said they just ordered it for me, gasket for strainer and crush washer. I believe I have the only porsche 914 in this town/city of Casa Grande, AZ.
iankarr
Assume you're talking about the strainer kit, right? Did you try 914rubber? I have an extra kit if you need it.
914e
Auto Haus has it up in Phoenix. They are only open 8-4 weekdays
Mark Henry
Any air cooled VW shop will have them, many places have packs of 10.
FLAPS having it isn't likely as it's too old.
brcacti
Thanks guy, this is my off season for driving it so anytime this week on order will do fine. Napa ordered it for me, will be in this week. One place I called said "a Porsche part?" "no one around here can afford a Porsche, hehe. ONE MORE QUESTION smile.gif, I have the rear up on 8-9 inch ramps, is there a jack point up front anywhere I can jack up the car to but 2x6
wood under the front tires to partly level it off to get more oil out and have more room to work?
iankarr
After a while you get a sense of when to call this a porsche and when to call it a VW wink.gif. Your engine is a VW type 4...so anyplace that sells bug parts should be good.

As for leveling the car, you're probably best off getting 4 jack stands. Ramps are kind of a pain, unless you have a way to keep them from sliding. If already up, you can use 2 stands in the front to level. Please buy the dual locking or pin type...not the single ratcheting, which are far more prone to accidents. Like this...
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-LifT-T-6902D-Dou...tive&sr=1-2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.