Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel system question (3.2 / 3.6)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
For those of you that a running a 3.2/3.6 configuration or similar, do you still incorporate the stock charcoal canister?

I remember when the 3.6 was in the original car before purposed for my car, I would get a small oder and cannot remember if the canister was connected or not.
Eric_Shea
I always like to use them. It helps vent the fumes off the tank that create that old-car gassy smell and, there's usually plenty of places to add the fittings on the engine side. For 911 motors, we simply weld a tube on the plates coming off the fan shroud. That gives you the pressure needed to create the vacuum in the canister. Then you'll need to get the return line to vent into the intake before the MAF.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 12 2020, 10:08 AM) *

I always like to use them. It helps vent the fumes off the tank that create that old-car gassy smell and, there's usually plenty of places to add the fittings on the engine side. For 911 motors, we simply weld a tube on the plates coming off the fan shroud. That gives you the pressure needed to create the vacuum in the canister. Then you'll need to get the return line to vent into the intake before the MAF.

This makes a lot of sense. I don't remember if the black car had the canister connected, but I do remember on long-drives with the top on I would get a bit of fumes. The PO had, what I think was the tube to the intake plugged, so this may be easier than I think.

Edit: Any photos of this, or anyones setup, are greatly appreciated!

Gracias Señor Eric!
Eric_Shea
Let me dig in...
Eric_Shea
Bob’s vintage Sports Purpose air filters on PMO carbs. Base was modified to accept vent tube.

Click to view attachment

Kelly’s into more traditional watersheds on PMO EFI throttle bodies.

Click to view attachment

No pics of a Motronic system today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.