Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New EV914 build owned by engineer of Classic Retrofit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jonny Retrofit
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 24 2022, 11:00 PM) *

At the end of the first part, they said we would see it when it was finished. Are we ever going to see that episode? Cheers

It's TV, they *said* lots of stuff.

We will be doing some video on the car this year - should get featured online.

Steve
beerchug.gif Awesome job!! The interior reminds of a Tesla interior minus the obnoxious big screen tv. Would love to see the inner workings.. power steering, etc.
Jonny Retrofit
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 25 2022, 12:39 AM) *

beerchug.gif Awesome job!! The interior reminds of a Tesla interior minus the obnoxious big screen tv. Would love to see the inner workings.. power steering, etc.

There's a bit of Tesla for sure , other influences are:

Honda E - camera mirrors and wood veneer
964 RS - coloured panel seat inserts
BMW i8 - Blue accents
356 Speedster - Seat shape

The seats are 914 but we stripped them and built an aluminium tube frame to raise the bolsters and sides, making them deeper and more supportive. The headrest, shoulders and seat base foams are reshaped. The back of the seat is carpeted.

I'd like to do some tech videos on car including the electric brake servo and power steering.

sb914
Very well done . first.gif
GregAmy
Ok, so Motor Trend rebroadcast this episode tonight, making me wonder "are we ever going to see the follow up on this?"

Will MT re-up the series (I enjoyed it, though I'm a dedicate petrolhead). What's the car's status?

Inquiring minds...

GA
guytranspo
QUOTE(Jonny Retrofit @ Jan 24 2022, 03:48 PM) *

It's been a long journey but we finally have the 914EV road legal here in the UK. We did a small local Porsche show this weekend - first time it has been to a show under its own power.

If you watched Vintage Voltage you'd have seen a very different car but this is the vision I had all along despite what the TV might have led you to believe. The interior is scratch built - we even moved the steering column to centre of the driver seat.

The car is phenomenal to drive. 1250kg, 50/50 weight, power brakes, power steering and of course 300HP from the get go. All the engineering in the rear cradle and strengthening has paid off - no creaks or rattles, no flex, not a peep from the targa top.

I left the show in convoy with the GT3 in the photo. The 914 is just a fast to 80 mph and actually quicker in the twisties. Insane!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I’ve been waiting to see your car finished. Beautiful!!
I’m in the process of searching out a roller for the same kind of project.
I am wondering about the battery configuration in your car.
If the car ended up finished like the video suggested, you have about 230 volts nominal and about 29KVh. Is this the case? Can you say what kind of range you get?
I would love to use the Tesla motor, but it does require a lot of battery power.
Your project is a perfect example for me to follow.
Thanks for sharing what you can.
Jonny Retrofit
^ Car has 400V system with a 42kWh battery pack good for 150 miles. Or about 100 miles if you want to chase GT3s!

Here is the follow up video featuring a 'stock' 914EV and my custom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJTNsH-SIqk
ValcoOscar
Great video...

I'm custom (sorry purists)

driving.gif

Oscar
GregAmy
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 18 2022, 06:39 AM) *
I'm custom (sorry purists)

Nah. With T4 engine parts becoming more scarce, engine rebuilders moving on to other things, and those that remain looking for tens of thousands for rebuilds, the 914 chassis is ripe for the picking for drivetrain swaps.

And this swap fits right into to today's culture, and how we typically use the 914.

I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.