Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal cluster stud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
So the two studs that stick up out of the floor and go through the base of the pedal cluster plate seem to be a odd pitch. Does anyone know what they are? As far as I can figure they are not 8-1, 8-1.25, 9-1 or 9-1.25. Seems like something in between. These are the only taps I have in this range so I can not test any more. I have one nut that fits and it has a washer attached. Are these special nuts with special threads or am I just missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Peter
Superhawk996
Get a thread pitch gauge. Actually two - one metric - one SAE Very affordable on Amazon and anwers these questions.

On car's this old, you can't necessarily assume its metric.

Inspect carefully, you may find someone has put in a SAE stud. They were prone to corrosion and shearing off.

P.S. They are M8x1.25. The nut with an attached washere is not OEM so signs lead to someone having messed with it before.
914werke
they should be M8x1,25 that are attached to the pedal support bracket that protrudes through the floor pan, check from below to see if its been messed with
sixnotfour
5/16-18 jf someone americanized it
trojanhorsepower
Yup. M8 - 1.25. Just had a bunch of junk on the threads and for some reason this weird nut happened to fit on the thread mess.

Thanks All!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.