Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 stud heads - what options exist and what head’s can be made to work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
The 2.7L big Type 4 had/had funky heads on it that were customized for the 6 stud case.

Can you do that with 1.8 or 2.0L 914 heads as well?

Anyone been there, done that, figured it out?

Thanks and hope Monday has been a good one.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 18 2020, 08:39 PM) *

The 2.7L big Type 4 had/had funky heads on it that were customized for the 6 stud case.

Can you do that with 1.8 or 2.0L 914 heads as well?

Anyone been there, done that, figured it out?

Thanks and hope Monday has been a good one.

You can do anthing with enought time and money.

That engine seems to be a unicorn. I suspect that someone esentially built a one off science project. From what I've seen so far it seems like some one spent a bunch of time a money on it already.

Is there a reason you can't simply rebuild those heads?
Tdskip
Good morning and thanks for the response.

I was asking mainly to see if I could use 2.0L to get more stock exhaust. Basically making it less unicorn. Grin.

bdstone914
@Tdskip
' date='May 19 2020, 05:01 AM' post='2816774']
Good morning and thanks for the response.

I was asking mainly to see if I could use 2.0L to get more stock exhaust. Basically making it less unicorn. Grin.
[/quote]

You can bolt any exhaust to any 914 head.
confused24.gif
Tdskip

Hi Bruce - this engine has some sort of customized non-Type4 head.
bdstone914
That is the intake. What do the exhaust ports look like? If modified you probably cant adapt a stock type exhaust. And if you do it may restrict the breathing of the engine.
Tdskip
The heads that came with it have bigger valves than Tyep 4 heads, 40 and 48 which is pretty significant than even the upgraded 2.0L heads.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.