Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
So, I just found that left front caliper is early, and right front caliper is late. How did I figure this out, ordering early new discs and bearings. Started work on the left, and everything went great. Then I get to the rihgt side and oh oh, no worky. Caliper well not go on, defferent offset. I've been driving the 914 like this since I got it years ago. 914 drives straightforward, and brakes good. So what needs to be changed to match the left early assembly. My 914 is a 1971, I'm totally bummed. This is very frustrating. headbang.gif blink.gif
914Sixer
Your going to have to change the strut assembly. The brake calipers and rotors are different because of the offset difference of early and late. I would up grade to the late strut. See if the early strut has a pinch bolt, late will have a wedge pin with a nut.
mepstein
I should have all the parts you need. Give me a couple days to dig them up. You might/ probably need to rebuild the caliper. No charge for the parts, just shipping. If you find something closer, no problem but I’m sure I have the parts so they are yours if you want them.

My parts are early.

You probably have a late front on the right since 95% of accidents in a Porsche are on the right. Very common.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 18 2020, 07:38 PM) *

I should have all the parts you need. Give me a couple days to dig them up. You might/ probably need to rebuild the caliper. No charge for the parts, just shipping. If you find something closer, no problem but I’m sure I have the parts so they are yours if you want them.

My parts are early.

You probably have a late front on the right since 95% of accidents in a Porsche are on the right. Very common.
PM me when you get it all together, I'll give you my address. I've bought parts off you before, Thanks...
bdstone914
@mepstein
' date='May 18 2020, 07:38 PM' post='2816683']

My parts are early.

[/quote]

Mark, you probably know this but the strut, rotor, backing plate, caliper, ball joint and flex line are different and not interchangeable.
Generous if you to offer the parts. I am sure i can cover what you may not have.

@cpavlenko
tvdinnerbythepool
@mepstein you are a saint! You have helped so many of us out through pure generosity, myself included. beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ May 19 2020, 12:54 PM) *

@mepstein you are a saint! You have helped so many of us out through pure generosity, myself included. beerchug.gif

Agree! one of those members that really support/helped many members!
mepstein
Thanks guys but I'm happy to be able to send this stuff to someone who can use it and not have it end up in a junk pile in my workshop. I'm headed home tomorrow to gather up the parts and will post pics. I dropped the entire suspension from a 70's parts car so I know I have all the big stuff to get cpavlenko sorted.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 19 2020, 01:17 PM) *

Thanks guys but I'm happy to be able to send this stuff to someone who can use it and not have it end up in a junk pile in my workshop. I'm headed home tomorrow to gather up the parts and will post pics. I dropped the entire suspension from a 70's parts car so I know I have all the big stuff to get cpavlenko sorted.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.