Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powered subwoofer - Pioneer TS-WX130DA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Very compact, 11x8x3. Would fits in place of foam footwell piece. Has anyone installed one of thse in the 914? Not a lot of wattage, so not a lot of punch, but also not lot of draw (4+ Amps.) Any one used one of these Pioneer compact powered subs?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSWX130/Pi...0DA.html?tp=114
tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 24 2020, 11:57 AM) *

Very compact, 11x8x3. Would fits in place of foam footwell piece. Has anyone installed one of thse in the 914? Not a lot of wattage, so not a lot of punch, but also not lot of draw (4+ Amps.) Any one used one of these Pioneer compact powered subs?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSWX130/Pi...0DA.html?tp=114

This is crazy!! Literally this morning I was looking at this for my 914 and was wondering the exact same thing!
Mark Henry
Likely better than nothing, but not as good as an amp and an 8+" sub.
50 watts I doubt if you would hear it much over the engine.
drem914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 24 2020, 12:29 PM) *

Likely better than nothing, but not as good as an amp and an 8+" sub.
50 watts I doubt if you would hear it much over the engine.

Yes but at that point I dont care anymore. driving.gif
The draw is very low. There is another from Kenwood that is about the same size but it's peak draw is 7 amps with 75 watts RMS. just looking for a simple install.
911GT2
I have the bigger brother in my Westy the TS-WX 210A and I must say, I love it. The sound is more than adequate. So I think in a small car the 130 will suffice.
Garland
Went with this one, check out my build page #8
Michigan build

Click to view attachment
Before

Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Garland
Error
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Garland @ May 24 2020, 01:24 PM) *

Genius. Love the integration shown in your build thread. Question: Did you lose any leg room? Hard to tell from the angles.

Have an amp that's set up to run a woofer, which makes me wonder if I can find something similar to your sub but without the self-supplied power.
Garland
Loss of About 2 inches On leg room, my wife still requires the foot stool to Be able to reach, and brace her feet against the foot well. I used the integrated amp style finding it produced better base in most cases than a homemade box and separate amp.
IronHillRestorations
50 watts with the right driver in the right cabinet can be just as effective as 100 watts with the wrong driver in a janky cabinet
drem914
Well, went with the Kenwood unit. Connected straight up to my existing Blaupunkt head unit. Everything fits behind the bulkhead carpet. So far I just pulled the old foam plug. I still need to clean up the speaker wires a little more before heading out on a driving test tomorrow today.
It certainly fills out the sound from the Polk DB652's in the 914Rubber kick panels. aktion035.gif Will try to post photos once all the wires are cleaned up.
RickS
I’ve had two of them and they work really well. Not like an amp powered 8” but good enough to rattle the sheet metal without distortion. May buy another for my current 914.
drem914
QUOTE(RickS @ Jul 4 2020, 08:30 PM) *

I’ve had two of them and they work really well. Not like an amp powered 8” but good enough to rattle the sheet metal without distortion. May buy another for my current 914.
. Agreed just fills everything in. The other speakers can do what they need to. I wasn't thinking it would move my hair. That is what the top is for. Either way it doesn't take any space away from the legroom. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sfrenck
I went with a Kenwood KSC-SW11 unit (looks close to the one you show) hung upside-down under the dash (under the heater controls).

More than enough bass, no lost legroom.
FlacaProductions
@sfrenck - interesting approach - any chance of a pic or two?!
sfrenck
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jul 5 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Pics of installation under the radio/right of the fan comtrols..
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Jul 7 2020, 04:22 PM) *

As I am still planning on putting the original center console back in I went the route of going under the front bulkhead carpet
CCE
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Jul 7 2020, 05:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

How does this work for the passenger feet? Do they hit it? I Can see in my car the photo you show was in an angle that is not really natural to see, I think it can be very discrete…

I like the solution, very much. Just wondering about the passenger feet.

Please your comments.. here is a picture of mine.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.